Software Developer (Cloud Backend) - Siemens Comfy I Enlighted
- Waterloo, Canada
Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada's Top 100 Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2019.
Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform and sensor hardware combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
We are seeking passionate, and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineers (Cloud Backend) to join the software teams at Siemens. Whether you want to work on some of the world's largest Industrial IOT systems, leverage cutting edge AWS technologies, streamline content delivery to end-users globally, build an awesome user experience, or just code to solve some of the hardest software problems, you will love working at Siemens. Come join our startup culture and participate first hand in designing the next generation of computing. Work with cross-functional teams to develop products, business processes and online commercialization of cloud applications. Perform research and development on new cloud technologies and methodologies. Develop best practices leveraged across Siemens PLM business segments for cloud development and deployment.
What will you do?
- Develop and extend the existing web services for current IoT products
- Design new features to address customer use cases in existing markets
- Work closely with product management and with customers to understand how products could be more effective, and put those insights into action
- Identify opportunities for system improvements that can enhance the operation of the entire end-to-end system
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team spanning hardware, software, cloud development and product management.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
4+ years of professional experience in software development, with experience in one or more areas:
- Experience with data processing technologies such as Kafka/Kinesis, Spark, Storm
- Java microservice frameworks like Spring Boot or Quarkus
- Define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure
- Understanding - web service development
- Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks .net, Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: MySQL, Mongo, Dynamo DB
AWS / Azure Experience:
- Proficiency (one or more years) in designing, developing and deploying cloud-based solution using AWS or Azure
- Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
It is highly desirable that the candidate possess one or more of the following:
Cloud development experience:
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS
- Selecting appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on AWS
- Implementing cost control strategies
Proactive business skills and strong collaborative skills required include:
- Self-Directed, High Energy
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed virtual team
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
- Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including management, and customers.
- High degree of organization to manage & maintain project plans, road maps & provide accurate updates as part of the review cycle.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada's passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca .
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca .
Back to top