Company: Siemens EDA (formerly known asMentor Graphics)
Job Title: Software Developer(Python/C++)
Job Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Reference Number: 249107
We are looking for talented junior andsenior software developers to join our technical team at the Saskatoon research& development site of Siemens EDA. We develop leading-edge chip designsoftware that is used by some of the world's largest technology companies,recently highlighted here: https://aws.amazon.com/partners/success/arm-siemens-eda/.
At Siemens EDA, we develop customsoftware (https://eda.sw.siemens.com/en-US/ic/solido/) to solve problems in circuitverification, design automation, and other specialized fields within thesemiconductor industry. Solutions are found through approaches such as machinelearning, statistical analysis, and advanced (and patented!) techniques. You willbe working at the cutting-edge of software development with industry-leadingcustomers at one of the largest companies in the world. This position islocated in brand-new and state-of-the-art offices at Innovation Place inSaskatoon, SK, Canada.
- Use Python and/or C++ to develop softwarethat addresses some of the world's most challenging problems.
- Work with a top-notch technical team,here in Saskatoon and around the world, to ensure our leading electronic designautomation products evolve to meet the changing expectations of our customers.
- Collaborate directly with technologyexperts at major semiconductor companies to define, develop, and deliver newproducts and product features.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develophigh-quality software in a collaborative environment (school or work).
- Demonstrated expertise in some or all ofthe following: object-oriented programming (Python and/or C++), Linux, testing,source control (Git), algorithms, debugging, profiling, GUI design (Qt).
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills; demonstrated through software documentation (commitmessages, docstrings, etc), collecting customer requirements, and communicatingwith team members.
- A team player; an ability to provide and bereceptive of constructive feedback (through code reviews, design iteration, andthe verification process); mentor and teach others on the team.
- Customer-focused; have the ability toprioritize tasks based on customer experience and ROI.
- Willingness to learn and interested innew challenges.
- Nice-to-have expertise: Statistics (MonteCarlo analysis), test automation, transistor-level circuit design, EDA CADtools, SQL, and release management.
- Must be available to work from ourSaskatoon facility.
Employment with Siemens EDA requires you to be fully vaccinated againstthe COVID-19 virus. Proof of vaccination will be required as a part of ourbackground check process. An individualwho is unable to be vaccinated due to a disability or sincerely held religiousbelief or practice may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting yourTalent Acquisition Partner
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build abetter future. We need the mostinnovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world ofSiemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d'accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.