Senior Test Engineer_TIC
- Belper, United Kingdom
Siemens Mobility Limited is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Testing Engineer. This person will manage a team of testing and commissioning engineers engaged on a portfolio of projects run through the regional delivery office. They will be responsible for all testing and commissioning activities at the trackside, in Signalling Equipment Rooms, at the Operations Control Centre and with train borne equipment.
What are my responsibilities?
- Ensure health, safety and environmental requirements are complied with both at the site depot and work sites
- Promote a zero accident / incident culture and environment
- Manage testing and commissioning in accordance with the project programme and budget requirements
- Ensure that testing and commissioning is carried out and recorded in accordance with correct and up to date drawings, plans, specifications and computer software and data
- Ensure that the quality of the testing and commissioning is in accordance with SRA, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards
- Support the testing of the operations control centre implemented by design office testers
- Liaise with the appropriate Project Engineering Manager and Design Engineers in respect of design issues associated with testing
- Liaise with the Site Manager and installation engineers in respect of installation issues associated with testing
- Ensure serial numbers are added to the asset management database as each item of equipment is installed by test engineers or replaced following changes or failure
- Maximise the efficiency of site testing resources under their control
- Oversee timekeeping and discipline of allocated staff
- Undertake regular audits of the testing and commissioning operation to ensure SRA, client, manufacturers and legal procedures, processes, regulations and standards are being complied with
- Establish and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with the client and with subcontractors and other third party interfaces
- Certify the system and / or systems are fit for purpose and formally handover to the client
- Perform as Lead TIC on allocated projects
- HNC/HND/Degree in electrical Engineering (essential)
- IRSE Licence as Tester/Tester In Charge
- Experience in site testing of mainline or metro railway signalling projects for the testing and commissioning period of the project lifecycle (essential)
- A thorough grounding in the requirements for site testing activities as laid down in Siemens, customer, national and international standards and procedures as part of the overall project lifecycle (essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills associated with managing allocated staff and contractors, other functions within SRA and the customer
We're Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top