Senior Systems Engineer - Positive Train Control
- Mckeesport, PA
Siemens Mobility supplies railway markets around the world with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and mega-cities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general. We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
Position Overview: Systems Engineer for Rail Automation R&D team in the domain of embedded systems for rail signaling and on-board equipment. The role of the Senior Systems Engineer will include responsibilities regarding design and development for new and enhancements of existing products. The systems development tasks will include the development of safety critical software as well have communication systems and user interfaces. Daily activities are covering all aspects of requirements engineering, design, agile software development, test and V&V. This Role will include the following responsibilities:
- Develops the design of very complex systems that integrate hardware and software.
- Develops very complex material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up.
- Develops recommendations for ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction.
- Guides very complex technical interchange and knowledge transfer for both processes and application of products to system design.
- Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or multi-functional problems.
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Provide specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
Qualified applicants will have 5-8 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science - Electrical Engineering preferred
- Advanced Degree preferred, Masters, PhD, or MBA
- Technical knowledge signaling, operations concepts in rail industry, rail products
- Strong experience in systems design of PTC products for North American Class-1 Freight Railroads
- Experience with Embedded Control Systems design & development
- Experience with Safety critical/Vital systems
- Quality assurance, testing, test automation, verification, validation
- Requirements engineering
- System/ Software architecture
- Standards, process and methods for safety critical hardware
Why Siemens? In Addition To An Incredible Career Opportunity, We Offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior Systems Engineer with Siemens Mobility R&D, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top