Senior SQL/Object-Oriented Software Engineer
- Ann Arbor, MI
We are searching for an experienced and talented mid-level developer to join a highly technical application development team.
You will assist the team in modernizing a large mission-critical application that is used by companies around the world to ensure the stability of electrical grids.
This position offers tremendous career-growth opportunity.
You will be joining a team working on a large, complex code base.
Your initial work will be primarily in a Delphi component that manages database, data transfer, and algorithms.
You will be working with technical customers from around the globe helping them solve critical electrical grid infrastructure problems.
In time your role can evolve to meet your interests and skills. This is an international company with plenty of room for career development.
Our product simulates the transmission grid and protection system of our electric utility customers and identifies situations that would lead to misoperations of that system.
- Design/implement schema changes; Develop software to create and administer user roles.
- Develop software to read/write various file formats for data import/export.
- Use Active X or better technology to create an interface to third-party applications.
• Minimum 5 years' professional experience
• Strong SQL query language skills
• Excellent object-oriented programming fundamentals
• Excellent programming skills in the Microsoft Windows environment in an object-oriented language such as C++ or Delphi
• If you do not already know Delphi, your willingness to learn Delphi is a requirement.
• Microsoft SQL Server experience would be a strong plus.
B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering (preferred) or Computer Science
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top