Senior Software Engineer (BOS) - Rail Automation
- Minnetonka, MN
We'd love to have you join our agile team that designs and supports the Siemens vision for North American Rail Automation! If you're passionate about learning and enjoy supporting customer implementation, please read on! Your tasks will include design and development of the Back Office Server (BOS). BOS is part of the Positive Train Control (PTC) initiative, which is a rail transportation model that is currently being used throughout multiple countries to improve railroad safety. PTC is crafting the landscape of the rail transportation industry for decades to come and will be used as a backbone for future technologies that will lead to network optimization and an autonomous rail network.
Your daily activities will cover all aspects of requirements engineering, design, test, documentation, V&V, support and software maintenance services for these systems.
The majority of your work will consist of deep diving into complex system defects or performance problems and resolving incidents, often interacting directly with the customer.
- Domain expert of Train Control Systems at an operational and technical level
- Design, enhancement, testing, implementation, and support of software
- Develop software and test requirements for modules under development, executes test specifications
- Provides estimates for complex modules under development, and estimates own work
- Contributes to reviews of customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements
- Contributes to the software quality process through the execution of very complex module, subsystem and system test procedures
- Take leadership initiatives in software development projects
- BS Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years' experience with Software Development
- Validated experience in Software Engineering in an Agile Environment, Analyzing Information, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Collaboration
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to develop high quality software in C++ and quickly come up to speed in similar languages
- Ability to professionally collaborate with peers and senior management
- Ability to lead and mentor other developers
- Ability to write and assist in technical documentation
- Ability to be part of a 24X7 on-call rotation
- Experience with the version control system git
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with unit and integration testing frameworks
- Experience in using and automating standard Linux build and debugging tool chains
- Experience in interfacing with customer and providing technical feedback in a customer-friendly manner
- Experience in estimating software development efforts
- Deep understanding of complex software topics such as multithreading and inter-process communication asynchronicity
- Experience with Industrial control systems with hot-standby redundancy
- Experience with AI and data analytics
- Knowledge in the Railroad domain including BOS, PTC, and WinCC OA
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior Software Engineer with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top