We are Siemens Mobility - We're a leading global provider of short-distance, regional, and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and efficient operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a team that designs, develops, and supports our vision for North American Rail Automation. You will work closely with subject matter experts, architects, developers, and testers on the Siemens' Back Office Server (BOS), which is part of the Positive Train Control (PTC) initiative. PTC is crafting the rail transportation industry's landscape for decades to come and will leverage the company as a backbone for future technologies that will lead to network optimization and an autonomous rail network.
Join our project teams that design and maintain software applications for custom control systems and other components. Envision collaborating with other engineering departments in all aspects of the development, documentation, verification, and support phases of the SDLC. You will report to the Software Engineering Manager for your respective team in this position.
- Assist with requirements capture, analysis, specification, validation, and verification.
- Develop, maintain, document, test, and verify C++ and CONTROL software applications.
- Conduct feasibility, proof of concept, and prototyping activities.
- Enforce to established guidelines and processes to meet technical standards and ensure maintainability.
- Demonstrate both written and verbal communication skills to develop plans, specifications, reports, etc. Effectively communicate sophisticated and technical concepts to ensure that they are well understood.
- Demonstrate ability to debug, troubleshoot, and isolate hardware and software issues.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and manage software development and support throughout the complete product development life cycle.
- Identify work scope, estimate work efforts, develop and maintain schedules.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team; support team decisions to promote consistency.
- Act as a role model and advisor to more junior engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, computer, or software engineering, or related degree.
- 8-10 years' experience in systems/software development and testing.
- Proficiency with C++ programming language; CONTROL experience a plus, but ability to learn a proprietary C-like knowledge a plus
- Proficiency in debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency in verbal communications, presentation, and technical writing skills.
- Periodic travel up to 25%.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in team and project leadership.
- Solid understanding of railroad software and systems.
- Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS.
- Experience with containers, cloud environments, scripting in Python, and pipelines a plus
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior Software Engineer, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .