Senior Python Backend Developer
- Bengaluru, India
Role: Senior Software Engineer (Python Backend Developer)
Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go we make sure it makes its way.
Can you help us shape the future? We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a Software Engineer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don't know for sure. That's why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution - our drive to make the "impossible" possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means - trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange - discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
What part will you play!
- You will be responsible for Design of software solutions based on requirements and within the constraints of architectural /design guidelines.
- Derive software requirements and software functional specification, validate software requirements, provide software feasibility analysis and software effort estimation.
- Identify potential harmony and for re-use of components / technology.
- Accurate translation of software architecture into design and code.
- Guide Scrum team members on all design topics & implementation consistency against the design/architecture
- Involved in coding of features and/or bug-fixing and delivering solutions adhering to coding and quality guidelines, for self-owned components
- Guide the team in test automation design and towards implementation of the same
- Collaborate with globally located teams
- We need an engineering graduate with 4 to 8 years of experience in design and development
- Experience in Python Backend development, microservice API development using Flask & Python
- Exposure on Python 3, ORM (SQLAlchemy), AWS Lambda / API Gateway / RDS / SQS, Static code analysis (SonarQube, Flake8)
- Working knowledge in Unit testing with pytest, Git (versioning, branching, etc..), CI-CD
- Experience with Data analytics (numpy, pandas)
- Nice to have - knowledge in Flask and OAuth2.0/ Auth0
This role is based in Bangalore. You'll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you'll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you'll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries - and the shape of things to come.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top