Senior Project Manager - Station Information & Security Systems (SISS)
- Coalville, United Kingdom
Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a Senior Project Manager for our Rail Infrastructure CIS Business. Based out of Ashby De-La-Zouch, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for co-ordination of Project Management function and delivery of our Station Information and Security Systems (SISS) project portfolio.
What are my responsibilities?
- Safe delivery of projects within budget and specification, time, cost and quality, using the core business tools
- Leading the safety agenda
- Delivery of project(s) to laid down legislation and company standards, such as Railway Standards and Siemens EPIQ.
- Ensure customer satisfaction constantly seeking out and responding to customer feedback
- Optimal use of resources (personnel and equipment/materials)
- Proposal Management - Develops the overall concept for the proposal, prepares the planning and tender costing. Identifies the necessary resources for preparing the proposal (incl. suitable and qualified partners/subcontractors) and ensures their availability
- Supports strategic viewpoints when managing the financial aspects of the project
- Works closely with peers to identify areas of improvement and delivers solutions
- Sets up efficient procedures/processes for project controlling and reporting that always enables an up-to-date overview of the project
- Contract Management - Estimate effects of changes in requirements/products ordered with respect to: costs, project plan, total order value (as input for contract negotiations, for example)
- Customer Management - Knows the customer's business and operations and considers them in any recommendations
- Building a success-orientated delivery team
- Ensures that the allocated projects run to budget, profit and the required margin. Is aware of and in control of these figures at all times and informs/updates other stakeholders on a regular basis
- Holds regular project reviews with required stakeholders
- Drives and Contributes to ongoing review and continuous improvement of Project Management methods
- Ensures that Lessons Learned Workshops are run at project closure
- Continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with the Siemens Values
- Line management of allocated project office and project management team
- Support the Head of Projects by implementing business initiatives and evolving continual improvement
- Personal development of project management team within the business utilising Siemens tools
- Work with other Siemens businesses as required to deliver projects
- Provision and continual development of project planning and document control through the project office function
- Develop a close working relationship with other departments and key members of the organisation
- The overall H&S management for the allocated Project by delivering the aims of the Project Safety Plan. Agreeing areas of safety management responsibility for each Project team member and ensuring adequate resources are available and are deployed ensuring the safe delivery of the Project. (The list below represents typical H&S responsibilities the PM could have to delegate to persons working within the Project team)
- The overall quality management for the allocated Project by delivering the aims of the Project Quality Plan. Agreeing areas of quality management responsibility for each Project team member and ensuring adequate resources are available and are deployed ensuring the delivery of the Project aligned to Siemens Quality System and Client project specific requirements.
- Liaising and co-operating with the Client to implement and manage all health and safety matters and emergency procedures (as guided by the Principal Contractors Licence) as it affects the Client's work activities. Discharging the appropriate duties as nominated by The Client under CDM
- Implementing effective H&S communication within a Project by ensuring that all personnel, including employees, sub-contractors and visitors are provided with information and instruction, sufficient to safeguard their health and safety at all times whilst working at or visiting the Client premises and by encouraging discussion and co-operation on all Contract health and safety matters
- Checking that all personnel involved in any Project safety critical work are appropriately licensed and/or competent to comply with the Railways (Safety Critical Work) Regulations 1994 and ensuring that all employees have the opportunity to attend appropriate safety training courses as required contractually or to ensure the safety of persons undertaking the Project activities
- Addressing and reviewing Client's (Network Rail or other) appropriate standards and applying any H&S requirements, within the scope of each Project
- Taking appropriate action in consultation with the Safety Manager and/or the Quality Manager to investigate accidents, incidents and complaints and correct adverse safety trends
- Where applicable be responsible for the overall environmental and sustainability management within the project by meeting the aims of the Project Environmental Plan. Agreeing specific environmental responsibilities within the Project team and ensuring resources are available. (The list below represents typical environmental responsibilities the PM could have to delegate to persons working within the Project team)
- Ensure that the project identifies environmental aspects of the activities, products and services and that adequate control measures are implemented to reduce their impact on the environment
- Liaising and co-operating with the Client to implement and manage all environmental matters and emergency procedures
- Implementing effective environmental communication within a Project by ensuring that all personnel, including employees, sub-contractors and visitors are provided with information and instruction
- Encourage discussion and co-operation throughout the project on all Health, Safety and Environmental/ sustainability issues
- Identifying and compliance with relevant client standards, contract conditions and legislation
- A detailed understanding and knowledge of Rail safety requirements and working practices in context to SISS project delivery and including Station management systems
- Degree/ HND qualified in a relevant subject with business management experience
- Has experience of managing and delivering projects at a minimum of Project C Siemens classification
- A solid understanding of project commercial and financial management
- Is a member of the APM
- Extensive project management experience in the Rail market delivering to Network Rail and London Underground etc.
- Line management experience and delivery through a team structure
- Experience of whole project life-cycle delivery based on a formal project management process
We're Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top