Senior Project Manager (Design and Construction Services) - USA West Coast
- San Francisco, CA
Now's our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager 4 (Design and Construction Services)
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, or San Diego, CA or San Francisco, CA
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Performs leading-edge areas of work for the implementation of the Design Build Construction Process.
- Prevents potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Displays original thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems.
- PMI Certification
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of Design Build Construction specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex construction projects.
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical knowledge of construction, planning, & installation requirements as it relates to Medical Imaging Equipment.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organizations business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- You have very good presentation skills in the customer environment, and you show team orientation, communication skills, and customer orientation
required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in construction management, project management or related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
- Responsibilities include overall project management of Design and Construction Services (DCS) projects to support the business volume goals while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- An In-depth knowledge of the Design Build Construction Process as it relates to Medical Imaging Equipment Industry. Knowledge of Construction / Project Management, Analytical Problem Solving, and Interpersonal skills.
- Strong business aptitude in Design Build Construction, Construction Proposals / Contracts, CSI 50 Division format, Financial Management, logistics processes and customer / contractor interfacing.
- This position also supports the sales effort by creating and delivering DCS services which include new space planning, existing space renovations, and modular construction proposals as requested by the customer base.
- Review construction scopes and contracts with project stakeholders to develop customer expectations. Additional responsibilities include continued process improvements to reduce nonconforming costs.
- Manage assigned projects to ensure project scheduling and budget compliance. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or processes independently.
- Knowledge of Architectural principles, construction contract law, terms and conditions, bonding, insurance, workman's compensation, claims, local codes, permitting requirements, project budget financing, accounting practices, construction bidding processes, local and federal tax requirements, risk assessments and managing virtual teams.
- Willing to travel up to 40%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about .
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top