Senior Project Manager
- Sacramento, CA
Together we make a difference!
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
Siemens Mobility, Inc., is the leading provider of intelligent mobility solutions that offer guaranteed availability, optimized capacity and enhanced passenger experience. The company's business includes rail rolling stock, rail automation, intelligent traffic systems, traffic telematics systems and rail electrification. The portfolio also covers turnkey mobility projects and tailored financing solutions. We are in a unique position to create value add for our Customers not only for Siemens products and solutions. We call it Ingenuity for Life and we ar e setting the benchmark for tomorrow's mobility - today.
Siemens Mobility Customer Services is a fast growing business with a backlog of > $1 Billion. To execute this backlog on highest performance levels and to ensure constant growth, Siemens is looking for highly motivated and competent individuals.
The Project Manager for complex Rail Solutions will be located i n the Mobility Customer Services HQ in McClellan, CA. However, our Projects are across North America. This means you will cooperate with the central functions like Engineering, Procurement, etc. in Sacramento but might be in charge for a team which is working at the customers location. Your Project scope is typically centered around complete refurbishments, accident repairs, modernization and overhauls on either Vehicle or System level.
To ensure customer and organizational success, Siemens is interested in adding a highly motivated, entrepreneurial and self-driven Project Manager which has managed projects in the same or similar industries. The successful candidate is capable of leading a cross functional team, which is not reporting to the Project Manager, and to interact in a professional way with our customers.
This successful Project Manager will be responsible for Service Solutions projects in the Business Unit Customer Service (CS), which can be refurbishment, repair, maintenance, overhaul, or modernization of our customers' and 3rd party's rolling stock equipment. Refurbishment / Overhaul projects are usually longer term (3-7 years), while repair projects are short-term (1- 12 months). Maintenance projects can be up to 30 years duration. Our ultimate goal is to engage into long term partnership with Customers in which we jointly work on improving the overall operational performance. Those Performance Partnership projects are highly customized and might cover a wide range of our portfolio elements. The Project Manager is the main interface to the customer and is the customer's advocate within Siemens.
The Project Manager will lead and drive the successful project execution and the success will be measured on schedule achievements, customer success and financial results. The responsibilities are include but are not limited to the following:
- Consults with customers on technical solutions, in cooperation with Sales Manager, Key Account Manager or Business lead.
- Clarifies customers' targets and requirements, and/or specification in request for proposal (RFP).
- Participates in tender preparation and is part of customer negotiations.
- Coordinates overall planning of the project and decides on allocation of resources.
- Clarifies specification / contract and continuously liaise with management.
- Monitors milestone and adherence to budgets, and initiates actions to minimize non-conformance cost.
- Maintains constant communication to customers, outside contractors or other stakeholders.
- May coordinate agreed commissioning measures onsite, together with Site Engineering Management.
- Adheres to PM standards and Business Conduct Guidelines (e.g. Tax regulations, Export Control, EHS).
- Manages and coordinates all temporarily assigned project staff.
- Ensures Customer success
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor degree preferred, with an engineering background
At least 5 years of experience in a related position, e. g. project management in a production or service environment.
- Project management skills , including developing project plans, timelines / schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, resource requirements, calculating ROI, etc.
- Demonstrated technical experience in rail, similar industries or similar processes
- Demonstrable experience accomplishing tasks with only remote supervision or support with a proven history of solving problems for customers.
- Project Management certification is a great advantage
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top