Senior Product Manager End User Experience and Identity Management
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization - from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO - to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we're reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It's no surprise that we're a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we're proud of what we've accomplished...and...we're humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
Do you like metrics like conversion, engagement and retention tickle your enthusiasm? Do you enjoy the idea of guiding app users to potentially become app creators themselves? If you're interested in a career creating just that and help shape the future of user identity management, look no further.
To further enable that journey, we are looking for an experienced product manager who can elevate the Mendix platform end user experience to the next level and extend upon the platform's onboarding capabilities. The ideal candidate possesses a strong blend of strategic thinking and analytical prowess that will help build and ship the right features. Your main task will be to innovate on behalf of our customers by crafting product journeys and capabilities that engage Mendix users.
Your main challenges:
- Define the product vision and strategy of the experience of our platform for end users. They're not just using a single app but a platform with a lot of out of the box features and a path to become a maker.
- Create a roadmap for the development teams in our unit which ensures adoption of our Mendix identity solution for all the apps that our customers develop. This in order to get control over the end-user experience that we provide out of the box and to create a path to transform the end-users of Mendix apps into app makers.
- Create an end-user economy with a Marketplace where end-users can buy services to enrich there app and platform experience.
- Work with the Unit Director on the road-mapping process for R&D teams working on services for our End-Users such as a launchpad to switch between all your apps, a notification and search service across all Mendix apps and SSO solutions integrated with the identity providers of our customers.
- Working closely with stakeholders both within R&D and other departments to ensure product releases are properly supported with the whole product experience in mind: documentation, training materials, sales demos and collateral, and guidance including best practices.
- Identifying customer needs through data driven analysis, A/B testing, usability studies, market analysis and quantitative research.
- Designing and releasing products with an outstanding user experience on a regular basis, working with the UX and engineering teams to achieve high quality products as well as reasonable timelines.
- You will be responsible for "whole product" success, providing all stakeholders with the necessary content to market, sell, and implement our testing and quality engineering products.
- You will work together with other product managers to define requirements and identify dependencies on other parts of the product portfolio to build the functionality our customers need.
- You will work together with sales operations, marketing and our product partners to evaluate pricing and Go-To-Market strategies.
Desired skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in product management, preferably in an agile software product organization.
- Experience with Agile product management & Agile software development
- The ability to inspire and motivate R&D engineers through your focus on customers and users in combination with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Educational background in Computer Science, Engineering or Business-related studies with a demonstrable technical affinity.
Get a taste of Mendix Blue culture and see the latest updates to our product by registering for our annual flagship event, Mendix World 2020 launching on September 1st. Attend live Q&A sessions with leaders from R&D, watch demos of the product in action, and meet the Makers who use Mendix everyday.
Registration link: www.mendix.com/mendix-world/?&utm_medium=sales&mxworld=mxrec&utm_campaign=GL-CE-2020-09-01-Mendix-World
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our "MendixBlue" guiding principles. Being "MendixBlue" means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It's kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first . Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always...you belong here.
We think big . We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term...you belong here.
We innovate . We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask "what if?" and work to find a way or make one...you belong here.
We nurture talent . We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you're up for learning from your failures...you belong here.
We hear every voice . Inflated egos don't last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win - regardless of who they come from...you belong here.
We own it . If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done...you belong here.
We have fun . We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we're happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do...you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you'll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company's existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we're backed by the resources and stability of one of the world's largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That's why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top