Senior Mendix Developer
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization - from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO - to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we're reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It's no surprise that we're a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we're proud of what we've accomplished...and...we're humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
The App Factory for Industry Solutions consists of multiple development teams(also known as a factory lines), within the overarching Mendix App Factory. The Mendix App Factory is an umbrella for multiple Mendix development teams, which are supported by cross-functional teams with different specialisms(e.g UX/UI) and is structured according to the Mendix Digital Execution Practice.
The App Factory for Industry Solutions will focus on building industry solutions and cross-industry components with Mendix Platform. As a Senior Mendix Developer, you will be a part of this endeavor.
You're the Mendix developer we need if you:
• Invest in people and know how to help them improve their skills, both on a technical and personal level.
• Are a team player, and have a positive attitude. Even when things go wrong.
• Inspire your team to experiment and take(calculated) risks, because you know this is how people grow. When things fail, don't look for someone to blame. Take responsibility and use your energy to fix the problem at hand and allow the team to learn from it. Of course, don't fix the same bug twice.
• Have excellent communication skills, both talking and listening. You can explain complicated technical matters in a simple manner.
• Have advanced language skills in English.
• Have a keen eye for detail, but you never lose sight of the bigger picture.
• Have a proven track record in delivering custom software solutions in enterprise environments, of which 3 years of Mendix development experience in a lead role
• Have a good understanding of technologies like SQL, BPMN, MDD and possibly Java(you don't have to be a coder, but a general understanding is definitely a plus)
• Can define and create application design and architecture
• Master estimation, scoping and sizing of solutions
• Being a player coach to your peers in the App Factory development teams
• You're a high-energy professional that loves to engage with customers and peers to drive innovation
• Have a passion for technology and possess strong problem-solving and analytical skill.
• Have experience working in agile environment
• A Computer Science or related technical degree is desired
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our "MendixBlue" guiding principles. Being "MendixBlue" means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It's kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first . Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always...you belong here.
We think big . We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term...you belong here.
We innovate . We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask "what if?" and work to find a way or make one...you belong here.
We nurture talent . We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you're up for learning from your failures...you belong here.
We hear every voice . Inflated egos don't last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win - regardless of who they come from...you belong here.
We own it . If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done...you belong here.
We have fun . We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we're happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do...you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you'll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company's existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we're backed by the resources and stability of one of the world's largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That's why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top