Senior Mechanical Engineer - Robotics
- Weston, MA
Position Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to neurovascular, percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision and workflow.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the successful design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems of an interventional robotic system. You will be hands on with the team throughout the development process from conceptual design to production, ultimately accountable for mechanical system performance and quality. This is a collaborative opportunity where you will work with other engineering disciplines, as well as cross-functionally with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and Product Management. You may have the opportunity to work with external vendors, and put your project management and communication skills into practice.
- Responsible for design, and development of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical systems.
- Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues.
- Build design processes including application of analytical and problem-solving methods to continuously improve performance and quality.
- Assists in defining design inputs, creating specifications, authoring testing protocols, conduct and/or oversee testing, and issue resolution.
- Utilizes state of art analysis and testing methods to refine complex mechanical or electromechanical designs.
- Project management responsibilities may include vendor and supplier management, developing and maintaining project schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. MSME is preferred.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks is required.
- 5+ yrs experience in a product development role is required; medical device experience is desired.
- Extensive experience with design of machine elements and structural components required. OTS components selection and integration experience - motors, gear trains, sensors etc., desired.
- Strong analytical skills in mechanical domain (such as static, dynamic, kinematic, and vibration analysis) is desired.
- Experience with tolerance analysis required.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis required.
- Experience integrating industrial design and human factors in design is desired.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Company: Corindus, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top