Challenging times require flexibility and adaptability. Therefore, Siemens Mobility Portugal has created a "New Normal Working Model". This gives you the flexibility to work from the safety of your own home while you can still count on full office support.
Siemens Mobility provides integrated Mobility solutions for urban, interurban and logistics for efficient transportation of passengers and goods.
With digitalization we enable Mobility operators worldwide to make trains and infrastructure intelligent. Our business unit Software creates and develops innovative high-quality software for trip and train planning, mobile ticketing and comprehensive Mobility as a Service (MaaS) solutions. Our apps have been downloaded more than 200 million times overall.
We share one common goal: enhancing the passenger experience with our combined power for the future of Mobility.
Siemens is operating a Software Development Center in Portugal targeting Intelligent Solutions for the future of Mobility. We want YOU to join our team in the capacity of:
Senior Java-Developer Backend (m/f)
- Management of web-based application development projects throughout the entire development lifecycle: Requirements analysis, system design, development and integration into customer environment
- Conception, design and development of high-performance, highly scalable data base driven backend systems for storage and processing of relevant customer and company data
- Solution definition and design in close interaction with our teams and our customers to enhance our standard product offering
- You will closely work with our dynamic and agile IMS teams from HaCon and eos.uptrade. Occasional business travel to Germany and/or other locations may be required.
- University degree in informatics, computer sciences or a similar degree and several years of experience in web- or backend development
- Team player with passion for quality and the ability to transform complex and manifold requirements into efficient, sustainable and modular software components
- In depth experience in Java, web service technologies (e.g. SOAP, ReST, WebSockets) and parallelization
- Solid know-how with modern frameworks and APIs such as Spring, Apache CXF, Apache Camel in addition to agile approaches; experience with Netty and script languages (Phyton, Groovy) is desired
- Good understanding in bash, linux basics and good handling of development environments and tools (Eclipse and/or Intellij, Maven, Jenkins, Git)
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a must
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, UNIPESSOAL LDA
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time