Role: Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack Developer)
Can you help us shape the future? We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Process Industries team as Senior Software Engineer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don't know for sure. That's why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution - our drive to make the "impossible" possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us.
The work of engineers and technicians tends to revolve around the question "Does it work?" Our commercial project managers, on the other hand, focus on profitability and what is commercially viable. They constantly compare what should happen with what actually happens, and regularly report on status, risks, and opportunities. When you join our team, we will entrust you with a great deal of responsibility for a wide range of projects that will catapult our economy.
What part will you play
- Senior Full Stack Developer Responsible for Design & Development of software solutions based on requirements and within the constraints of architectural /design guidelines.
- Requirement elicitation, Functional specifications, Feasibility analysis & Estimation
- Client & Server-side architecture Usage & Design
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Write effective APIs as per design complexity
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Knowledge of Git ( as code repository )
- Own and deliver modules
- Create security and data protection settings
- We need a BE / B. Tech / MCA / ME / M. Tech graduate in CS/IT/Electronics Engineering from a college/university of repute and having an excellent academic track record with 7 to 8 years of experience in IOT/Cloud software development. Experience in Industrial automation domain is an added advantage.
- Experience in working on IOT/Cloud based projects
- Programming experience in Angular, NodeJS, Opensource Database (SQLite/MongoDB/PostgreSQL)
- Strong knowledge of IoT communication protocols: MQTT, OPC UA, REST APIs
- Knowhow on Linux OS and internals
- Excellent communication skills and ability to take up technical challenges
- An analytical mind
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Working knowledge of Cloud Technologies (Azure/AWS), EC2, Cloud Architecture.
- Knowledge of working with IOT 20XX(2040/2050) / Raspberry Pi / Beagle Bone hardware platforms
- Experience on Industrial Protocols like Modbus, HART, and also FTP, SMTP, Serial Port and data formats like XML and JSON.
This role is based in Bangalore. You'll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you'll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you'll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries - and the shape of things to come.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time