Senior Commercial Project Manager
Siemens Mobility is the world's leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
What are my job responsibilities?
The commercial project manager (CPM) is primarily responsible for the on-schedule, cost-optimized and quality-compliant completion of all commercial and legal tasks in complex projects. In his or her role, the Commercial Project Manager invokes the official Mobility and Siemens circulars and regulations. He or she ensures that these and the project-specifically defined processes and regulations are consistently adhered to during the project. The CPM is authorized to request all necessary information about the project from all offshore and onshore organizational units involved. He or she is responsible for ensuring the completeness, quality and reliability of project information.
Organizational Project Set-Up
- Active Customer Relationship Management
- Checking that the overall project's contractual structure has been correctly created in the respective commercial tools
- Set-up of the cross-company controlling and reporting system
- Determination of the cross-company exchange of balance-sheet information
- Assurance of the correctness, consistency and transparency of the overall project's financial status
- Coordination of legal, fiscal and insurance subjects between the Siemens companies involved
- Consolidation and analysis of project figures across all company boundaries and accounting units
- Managing of internal and external claims between all possible stakeholders
- Responsible for summarized global reporting to the relevant Management level
- Documentation in line with the mandatory internal and external requirements
- Managing commercial and legal project subjects
- Collaboration with the Project Manager in terms of the project's strategic orientation and its respective internal and external communication
- Adherence to fiscal, commercial-law and company-internal commercial rules
- Commercial project coordination (e.g. application for and follow-up of bank guarantees, insurances, etc.) as well as coordination of legal, fiscal and insurance subjects
- Order entry calculation, concurrent costing and final costing
- Asset and cash flow management
- Correct allocation and monitoring of costs
- Preparation of invoices and follow-up of claims
- Project-internal controlling (deadlines, costs, quality)
- Regular project reporting / project status meetings / milestone reviews
- Involves in the creation of final project reports and summarization of lessons learned with feedback to the organization
- Overall handling of fiscal, currency-related aspects and insurance subjects, involving the responsible department and taking into consideration internal business models
- Steers the project's supply chain incl. procurement, delivery and ECC
- Wording of the commercial and legal contractual conditions with customers, consortium members and subcontractors
- Involves in negotiations as well as interpretation and implementation of contracts in projects
- Analysis and assessment of complex, where applicable international contract constellations
- Active contract management together with the Project Manager for risks and opportunities
Claim and change order management
- Assertion of own claims and prevention of unjustified claims
- Agreement on contractual amendments with regard to the scope of supplies and services, prices, deadlines or other contractually stipulated conditions
Chance and risk management
- Identification and financial assessment of opportunities and risks, definition and implementation of suitable measures to reduce risks or realize opportunities, and creation of contingencies for remaining risks, active risk and opportunity management
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- University Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent
- Certified Commercial Project Manager (C-projects)
- Commercial Experience in international Project Execution, Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Programs and Dash applications. Knowledge in SAP
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top