Senior CMM Operator and Programmer
- Alpharetta, GA
Siemens Mobility is currently adding to our manufacturing site in Alpharetta, GA, and we're seeking to hire a detail oriented Senior CMM Operator/Programmer to be our technical authority as it applies to our new product lines surrounding gearbox and motor assembly - and we want you to join our team!
At our facility, we will be performing quality inspections on both in-process and finished products. This position will support engineering, machinists and quality assurance personnel to troubleshoot, research and resolve technical issues. The global goal for this role will be to support our corporate commitment to improve all products and processes through prevention rather than detection.
- Program CMM and FARO arm for inspection of parts in order to make complex, precise measurements of the requisite materials and parts
- Train others on CMM and FARO - creates work instructions and prepares for incoming inspections
- Complete additional Quality Department assignments such as internal audits, supplier audits, measurement system analysis, process improvements and other general inspection activities
- Travel when needed to support supplier FAI/ PPAPs when needed (10%)
- Inspect supplier parts on CMM, prepare inspection reports indicating acceptable items, parts requiring corrective work, or unacceptable items requiring Quality Review actions
- Review quality documents for accuracy and completeness
- Determine, select, align, and secure holding fixtures, tooling, measuring probes and other attachments on CMM using hand tools (micrometers, calipers) and precision measuring instruments as required for dimensional inspection
- Perform gauge repeatability and reproducibility (R&R) and other statistical studies using CMM
- Perform maintenance checks to ensure CMM and FARO equipment is accurately maintained according to equipment manuals
- Collaborate directly with suppliers, customers, and Engineering on technical issues relating to requirements and CMM measurements and method alignment between different CMM's.
- Must have 4 or more years of direct CMM programming and operating experience, 2 years of complex metal part inspection experience, and 2 years in a QA/Inspection role with knowledge of Quality Management Systems and ISO 9001 (or similar)
- Experience in programming using Polyworks and Zeiss Calypso software preferred
- Associate Degree or Certificate in related machining field OR 3-5 years of related experience in Inspection or Quality Control in a manufacturing environment OR equivalent of education and experience
- Certified Quality Technician certification preferred (ASQ)
- Possess intermediate Microsoft Office skills for reporting (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate technical information (verbal and written) with others at all levels of the organization as well as customers/suppliers
- GD&T knowledge and experience
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings/blueprints
- Perform statistical analysis (gauge R&R studies, capability studies)
- Strong mathematical aptitude; proficiency with geometry and trigonometry (machine shop math)
- Proficient in the use of calipers, micrometers, and other quality measurement tools - using judgement to determine the accurate measurement technique
- Provide accurate and timely results - sometimes under time constraints and with changing deadlines/priorities
- Ability to multi-task while demonstrating strong organizational and time management skills. Work independently with minimal technical supervision
- Ability to work overtime on short notice, may include weekends when required
- You will be regularly required to walk; use hands to position or move; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. You will be frequently required to stand for prolonged periods.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl. Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to use the computer
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Regularly exposed to mechanical parts that may be sharp
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions.
- May involve the use of oils and solvents.
- Subject to some soilage and irritation from cleaning solutions. (Lab Coats provided)
- Generally, works in a clean environment and works to maintain the environment as such.
- Safety Glasses and Shoes are required
- Will require area specific safety training
- This position works in a climate-controlled manufacturing environment
Why Siemens? In Addition To An Incredible Career Opportunity, We Offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a CMM Operator with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top