Senior Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Eng
- Ennis, Ireland
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Senior Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Engineer
New Team, new Location, new Domain, real challenges are you ready ?
Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation we at Mentor (a Siemens Business) have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore's Law our problem equally scales.
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. For this reason our customers are moving our products from their on-premise server farms into the Cloud. We are collaborating with the Cloud infrastructure vendors and HPC tooling vendors to adapt their offerings to our products as we design cloud based applications that will manage these dynamic cloud architectures, extend our cloud enabled offering and build new cloud native applications for the IC design space.
This is an outstanding opportunity to research, architect and automate customer and internally managed environments in public, private and hybrid clouds.
We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC in the cloud
- Working with the teams at Azure, AWS and Google to adapt their offerings to support EDA effectively
- Ensuring the highest levels of security for inter-cloud and multi-cloud environments
- Ensuring our environments and applications are primed for performance and scale
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore's Law
- Will be agile in demeanor and understands delivering customer value quickly.
- Can form, articulate and support opinions and narratives from research and POCs
- Brings order from uncertainty and finds the solution that Occam would
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team rapidly grows
- Has a natural can do attitude and gets involved
- Comes from a diverse technology background with an understanding from the ground up
- Can influence and motivate change as well as adapt communication to your audience including executive level management
- Appreciates the security concerns and posture required for both Customer managed and internally handled cloud environments containing customer IP
- Automates, automates, automates.
- Review, understand and give to cloud infrastructure architectures built by teams at Azure, AWS and Google to support EDA
- Develop and automate reference architectures for our customers self-managed clouds and our proposed handled cloud offering.
- Facilitate multi-cloud resource orchestration from the Siemens PaaS.
- Champion and support a culture of building secure, performant, large-scale infrastructure and applications
- Work in a scrum team with fellow Engineers to develop dynamically controlled infrastructure for all customers
- Implement POCs to validate approaches and techniques
- Validate the and ensure the security of cloud infrastructure
- Investigate technology choices required by us and our customers to achieve our goals
- Partner with the wider organisation to understand, socialise and support their internal cloud infrastructure development needs
- Assist with the DevOps and tooling for building Cloud SaaS solutions.
- Design, develop and document automated cloud based continuous integration architecture and maintain a 24x7, global, highly available SaaS environment according to internal and external service levels agreements
- Performance comparison testing of the latest cloud servers and architectures and tooling running our software
- Get stuck in and build the future
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
- Experience architecting and maintaining large scale cloud platforms that are in production
- Experience with hybrid on-premises and software-as-a-service products
- Understanding of Cloud and Application Security.
- Proven experience in Container orchestration.
- Experience architecting public, private and hybrid multi cloud solutions across IaaS, PaaS and SaaS cloud providers
- Understanding of Azure, AWS and or Google IPaaS
- Cloud and Hybrid Filesystems and secure inter cloud data transfer
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure as Code and various associated scripting technologies
- Understanding of Grid management software.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery, and multizone availability.
- Various Cloud Certifications
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top