Challenging times require flexibility and adaptability. Therefore, Siemens Mobility Portugal has created a "New Normal Working Model". This gives you the flexibility to work from the safety of your own home while you can still count on full office support.
To carry more flexibility on to the times after the pandemic, we will offer a flexible working model that allows you to work partly from home and from the office, giving you more freedom to balance your private and professional life.
Siemens Mobility provides integrated Mobility solutions for urban, interurban and logistics for efficient transportation of passengers and goods.
With digitalization we enable Mobility operators worldwide to make trains and infrastructure intelligent. Our business segment Intermodal Solutions (IMS) creates and develops innovative high-quality software for trip and train planning, mobile ticketing and comprehensive Mobility as a Service (MaaS) solutions.
We share one common goal: enhancing the passenger experience with our combined power for the future of Mobility.
Siemens is setting up in Aveiro, a new Software Development Center targeting Intelligent Solutions for the future of Mobility. We want YOU to join our team in the capacity of:
C++ Developer Train Planning and Dispatching Systems (m/f/d)
- Conceptualize, Develop and Implement high-quality Software modules of a leading client-server capacity planning and timetabling system to serve our Train Operator customers and the public transportation industry;
- Enhance existing software modules, test and apply bug fixing methods;
- Based on your skills and experience an extensive range of software development tasks in either back end, architecture, full stack development, user interface or feature development in close cooperation with the customer will be at your disposal;
- Create a lasting impact on our future software development within an international environment in times of new work challenges.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or similar;
- Sound knowledge of objected-oriented languages and software architectures;
- Significant experience using C++ (preferably C++11 or superior);
- Experience with Docker, Continuous Integration and Delivery tools preferable;
- Great personal skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing;
- A real passion for learning, improving things and helping others - ability to turn ideas into realities;
- Experience using agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum) and tools;
- Willingness to build up a new development site in an interdisciplinary team in an international environment;
- Execellent oral communication and written skills - including the ability to speak and write in English.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, UNIPESSOAL LDA
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time