Sales Manager, Automation Service ~ Houston
- Houston, TX
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is actively searching for a Sales Manager for our Automation Services Sales Group leading one of our most prestigious and highest grossing volume territories. Reporting into the Houston, TX branch, the Sales Manager is responsible for driving employees to achieve business selling goals within the appropriate division through leading the sales function and ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained.
- Promote team selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas.
- Coordinate engineering and sales support activities to facilitate offering and supporting quality products; Acts as a resource to sales employees regarding our products, applications and services.
- Drive sales employees to be responsible for the commitment to Smart Infrastructure's philosophy and customer happiness.
- Communicate goals, provide mentoring to develop skills, lead employee performance, and provide performance appraisals.
- Review bidding to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives. Assist employees in settling margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
- Participate in selling to large/key accounts as needed. Maintain ongoing contacts with customers and consider these customers needs relative to new product development.
- Support Building Technologies by networking with Zone, Branch, and US Headquarters to increase knowledge of offerings, for yourself, your team and other employees.
- Provide input for standard methodologies work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects.
- Develop sales forecast and provide input to budget. Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to improve impact to SBT. Participate in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies.
- Develop sales/ marketing promotions for distribution channels.
- Aware of competitor product/service information and advises employees on effective sales tactics as needed.
- Maintains trade contacts and participates in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field highly preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED required) and directly related experience will also be considered.
- 8+ years of sales experience including two years of experience leading sales teams within a similar Building Automation industry.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills for mentoring sales staff and working with customers.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing in order to participate in the Siemens Vehicle Plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top