WorkLocation: Plano, TX or Charlotte, NC or Milford, OH
At Siemens we are always challengingourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative anddiverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more aboutthe Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Within CloudServices & Enablement organization at Siemens PLM, we are seekingpassionate, and enthusiastic software developers to join the software teams atSiemens. Whether you want to work on some of the world's largest Industrial IOTsystems, leverage cutting edge AWS technologies, streamline content delivery toend-users globally, build an awesome user experience, or just code to solvesome of the hardest software problems, you will love working at Siemens. Comejoin our startup culture and participate first hand in designing the nextgeneration of computing.
You willlead/guide micro teams of junior developers to take feature from requirementsto delivery. Work with technical leaders to refine our technical direction, andown design, implementation, and operation of core services, which support allSiemens cloud services. You will work closely with a tight, agile team thatships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of yourwork on real customers. Self-directed work on projects with latitude for independentjudgment and technical expertise.
Bachelor'sdegree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
7+ years ofprofessional experience in software development, with:
- Proficiencyin at least one modern programming language such as: Java, C++, C#, Scala,Python
- Proventrack record of leading small teams of developers as ateam-leader/senior-developer.
- SolidComputer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures,algorithms, and problem solving
- Define,design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage,database, queuing and other infrastructure
- Understanding- web service development / micro services architecture.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
It is highlydesirable that the candidate possess one or more of the following:
- Experiencedwith cloud computing
- Oneor more years in designing, developing and deploying cloud based solution usingAWS or Azure
- Understandingof core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
- Experiencebuilding complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have beensuccessfully delivered to customers
- Self-Directed,High Energy
- Abilityto work well with a team in a fast paced agile development environment.
- Excellentoral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to presentinformation, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees,including senior engineers and managers.
Experiencein one or more areas:
- Micro-servicesdevelopment using REST APIs
- Developmentof middleware / platforms.
- Understandingof Data Warehousing, AWS RedShift.
- Knowledgeof multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks .NET, Java,J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: MySQL, Mongo, DynamoDB
- Define,design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage,database, queuing and other infrastructure.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.