R&D Test Engineer - PTC
- Mckeesport, PA
Siemens Mobility is continuously developing intelligent rail automation solutions to provide greater efficiency and optimization for the rail transportation market. Siemens is a world market leader to the mass transit and freight industries specializing in PTC (Positive Train Control) on-board solutions, grade crossing protection systems, signaling products, electronic interlockings, automatic train control systems, operations control systems and rail-it solutions, and yard solutions. We'd love to have you check us out and join our team!
This test engineer would be a part of a test team where we are dedicated to test, verify and validate a high quality product to improve rail safety. We are passionate about testing and validating an embedded product. You will help our team to own quality and will analyze requirements, as well as implementing all the measures to test and validate them.
Responsibilities within the test team include:
- Analyzing and validating requirement
- Designing, implementing and reviewing test cases
- Verifying design and code
- Participating in the overall test strategy
- Improving test environment
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Test experience of SW/HW integration on embedded systems
- Strong knowledge of the testing methods
- Strong attention to detail, an ability to multitask, and an ability to work independently and on a team
- Experience with embedded product development or testing
- Experience with quality processes
- Experience with IBM tools (DOORS, RQM)
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages, preferably C++/C
- Experience with ClearCase or other SCM software
- Experience in Agile
- Able to communicate efficiently with a broad cross section of technical and non-technical colleagues
Why Siemens? In Addition To An Incredible Career Opportunity, We Offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Test Engineer with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top