Quality Manager in Projects (QMiP) - Intelligent Traffic Systems
- Miami, FL
Mobility in the US is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow's needs today.
We at ITS help make cities smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service - we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
In this exciting environment an opportunity is available for an experienced and motivated Quality Manager to join our project team in Miami, FL!
The Quality Manager in Projects (QMiP) is to act as an expert and support the Project Manager (PM) by planning, supervising, ensuring and reporting of appropriate activities regarding failure prevention and effective actions. The QMiP acts as a catalyst for continuous improvement in all project phases by communicating lessons learned from other projects and through process improvement. Of importance is the authority to intervene at any stage in the project, in the case of non-conformance in delivery and project results or any jeopardization of the project results. The scope of the job incorporates all project related activities to meet the targeted results regarding quality with respect to requirements. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Bachelor's degree in civil, traffic, software or electrical engineering with related work experience. Master of Science degree preferred
- 8+ years' experience in quality management of complex systems or projects.
- Experience in road or rail infrastructure and governmental field projects
- Experience in intelligent traffic system (ITS) field projects preferred
- Understanding of infrastructure systems and control systems beneficial
- Experience in leading quality management team, i.e. quality and test engineers, inspectors, etc. directly and indirectly
- Experience in the oversight of supplier and subcontractor quality management
- Experience in the configuration of tools for creation of metrics and reports
- Quality and Project Management certification or equivalent beneficial
- Specialized skills and proficiency with project/program controls software and web-based program management systems
- Strategic thinking and ability to work independently.
- Ability to take ownership in the process, while working with others to assure the project's success.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work cross functionally with other groups within the Siemens organizations and project partners to achieve the projects goals successfully.
- Balance conflict by working with all parties to find successful solutions to issues that may arise throughout the process and able to facilitate alternatives to find the best resolution to the issue at hand.
- Audits and assessments: Plan, conduct and support project audits, assessments, reviews and participate in status meetings. Ensure implementation of (improvement) measures (internal and external).
- Support of EHS: Planning and preparation of quality management reports as groundwork for the safety case, as required by the project.
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a QMiP with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top