Project IP Manager
- Waltham, MA
Corindus, a Siemens Healthineers company, is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous neurovascular, coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision and workflow.
Project IP Manager
The Project IP Manager is a technical liaison between the IP department and project development teams. The Project IP Manager harvests ideas for potential intellectual property protection for the next generation robotic platform that will change the future of healthcare. The candidate will integrate with development teams to understand aspects of technology from mechanical and electrical design to software and controls. You will work directly with the project teams to consolidate detailed engineering information into core concepts for potential IP protection. You will work with our IP Department, serving as a focal contact to help coordinate the harvesting of concepts and timing of IP studies based on product development schedules and budget using your project management skills.
The ideal candidate has strong science and engineering fundamentals, clear oral and written communication skills, and experience understanding patents. You enjoy and excel at engaging with engineers to fully understand technical details and translating your knowledge to facilitate strong alliance with the IP Department.
- Responsible for supporting engineering projects to ensure appropriate IP activities are conducted at each phase of the product development lifecycle.
- Assist in the capture of concepts by gathering technical information for the purpose of potential IP protection.
- Interface with the IP Department to respond to office actions and file continuations on existing cases.
- Review and manage patent watch results in conjunction with the IP Department
- Support the IP Department with reporting requirements and enforcement actions
Desired skills and experience
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or other related technical area required, MS preferred
- 5 years of industry experience required, medical device experience preferred
- Experience reading and understanding patents for complex technologies that involve hardware, electronics, controls, and software required
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
- Detail-oriented and resourceful with excellent follow-through skills required
- Experience with process and best practices development preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% required
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top