- Poole, United Kingdom
Does working for an award-winning company that's at the forefront of innovation and technology, a company that values diversity, embraces flexibility interest you? Then come and join us in Siemens Mobility Intelligent traffic systems (ITS) we offer all of this and more!
The Project Estimator function of Siemens Traffic Solutions is involved in Tender and Bid activity on behalf of Manufacturing, providing accurate and timely information, and presented in a professional manner.
This position works with key data concerning cost information. The post holder needs to be well organised and able to work methodically and accurately under pressure. Whilst the role has no responsibility for managing or leading a team, you will however offer guidance to manufacturing staff and engineers on production related issues.
If successful you could be responsible for a one-off project to assess the current time standards across manufacturing and update, resulting in keeping time standards up to date with actual build times to ensure accurate labour costs are built into product pricing.
The role holder is responsible for ensuring that they work safely, and they are aware of the possible impact of their actions on the colleague's safety and well-being.
What are my responsibilities?
- Supply works cost estimates for Electronic assemblies
- Derive labour costings using experience
- Obtain existing purchase and labour cost data
- Obtain material costs from sub-contractors via procurement
- Contributes to cost reduction exercises
- To improve estimating process
- To openly work with all business functions and levels, encouraging and supporting the best use of resources to achieve functional objectives
- Develops and maintains an awareness of modern test method practices and processes
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Experience of estimating in an electronics assembly environment (essential)
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes in particular PCB assemble and electronic enclosures (essential)
- Relevant engineering qualification in mechanical, electronic or manufacturing discipline
- Comfortable challenging current practices and procedures with a view to driving improvements, with interaction at all levels of the Ops team
- Ability to develop solutions to support the overall strategy
- Knowledge and interest in Process Engineering
We're Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top