Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World's Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities.
The Product Portfolio Manager reports to the head of building automation products for the Americas and directs a team of product mangers. The Product Portfolio Manager will lead the strategic vision and execution of our building automation and equipment controls product lines.
As a Product Portfolio Manager at Siemens Building Products, you are the entrepreneurial owner of your product line. Working in a cross-functional world-class development environment, you are responsible to identify and deliver a competitive range of products and services that leverage leading software technologies that will shape the future of the building automation industry, and help to meet our business goals, create loyal customers, generate growth, and maximize return on investment. As Product Portfolio Manager, you will: Act as the entrepreneurial owner of software products and solutions for Siemens building automation systems.
As Product Portfolio Manager, you will:
- Develop business plans and product introduction plans on a global/regional basis.
- Manage the product life cycle from product definition through development, rollout, maintenance, phase out, and migration to next generation products.
- Represent the voice of the customer within the organization; understand the user experience, and the evolving needs and workflows of our customers in the digital age.
- Work in cross-functional activities related to training, documentation, tools, sales, marketing, and logistics for the product range.
- Create and maintains pricing structures and price position, including ROI impacts.
- Provide sales and operations teams with channel-specific value propositions and technical expertise required to appropriately apply and cost effectively deliver solutions to our customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
- Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology concepts simply and concisely
- Ideal candidate will have experience with building automation systems, especially the Siemens building automation systems
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years' experience in Product Management with a focus on control products and software.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross functional challenges.
- Able to communicate with Senior Management to summarize issues and facilitate complex decision-making
- Strong data analysis skills
- Travel approximately 20% (domestic with potential for international)
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .