Power Engineer Expert (Tester) for Spectrum Power 7 Distribution Network Applications module
- Braşov, Romania
About Spectrum Power 7
More than three decades of knowledge and experience are now reflected in systems like Spectrum Power. Different solutions for power transmission and distribution, advanced monitoring, security assessment and operational improvement of an electric network are developed to obtain high customer benefits like high quality of energy supplied, energy efficiency and grid security. You will be part of a multinational team combining: Engineers, IT Specialists, Software architects and Project Managers, that contribute to the success of our customers business.
About Distribution Network Applications (DNA)
The DNA module provides a set of applications for managing balanced and unbalanced powered distribution networks. DNA improves the availability of supply. It supports the operator to reduce the duration of outages for unplanned incidents and improve work efficiency. Thus, it provides the required information for systematic activities in both the control center and the field.
Your new role - Areas of Responsibilities:
- Analysis of customer requirements in the area of distribution networks and their integration into technical specifications.
- Technical Contact (expert for Power Engineering issues) for the Product Owner, System Architect and Tester in the Distribution Network Application team.
- Definition of test scenarios and test cases for the DNA-Applications based on real customer use cases.
- Test execution, result validation and defect documentation.
- Close cooperation with tester and SW-developer to share the power engineering know how with our colleagues.
- Understanding the customer needs / use cases and discuss the results of our DNA applications with Product Managers and Engineering group
- Successful studies in electrical engineer (or comparable qualification)
- Long experience in power engineering
- Deep knowledge in the area of distribution network applications like State Estimation, Fault Location, Volt Var Control etc.
- Experience with system test automation
- Used to work in international teams within an Agile Setup
- Proficiency in English
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We're Siemens, a collection of outstanding minds who are all making the future. You could be one of us! Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that owns innovative solutions in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Software and R&D play a crucial role at Siemens. Siemens in Brasov, Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest is the competence center for research, software development, IT and engineering, which makes the company a major leader in vertical IT technologies.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top