Network Design Engineer (Railway)
- Bangkok, Thailand
SIEMENS Mobility Ltd. is currently looking for Network Design Engineers and open the chance to you to work with an international team for local and overseas railway projects. Successful candidates are keen to learn, adapt to new challenges and a chance to tackle complex problems under the guidance of our specialist teams and support from Siemens Engineering Hub from Europe. We offer an attractive career path with the knowledge base and training in becoming an expert in the technology field of ATS systems.
• Analysis and evaluation of all Telecoms system related customer requirements.
• Technical telecom system documentation (telecoms/network design, telecoms/network interfaces, telecoms/network concepts etc.).
• Reviews of Telecoms system related documents (system integration plan, system validation plan etc.).
• Execution of the relevant work packages based on detailed cost and time planning and controlling.
• Supports engineering teams as well as integration, test and validation.
• Ensure successful delivery of the Telecoms/Network Design including its interfaces and integration with other subsystems.
• Support installation, testing and commissioning, and other related activities as necessary to deliver dependent projects and meet their goals with high standards.
• Network troubleshooting of communication systems.
• Technical support after system commissioning.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineer, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering or similar.
• Railway network infrastructure design knowledge/experience
• Understanding of routing and switching and TCP/IP and other routing protocols and wireless and security.
• knowledge of Ethernet, Industrial Ethernet, Routers, Wireless, Security, Firewall.
• Knowledge of communications systems architecture design (conceptual, detailed and final design with documentation)
o Infrastructure hardware (switches/routers/firewall/media convertor/etc.)
o LAN/WAN networking
o Wireless/Radio networks
• Knowledge of general communications theory concepts
• knowledge of fiber optic layout/design, physical cable knowledge.
• Knowledge of troubleshooting and tools such as Wireshark.
• Interface with other Sub-Systems/Third Parties for design and implementation
• Installation, Testing and Commissioning support (remotely and on-site)
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top