Mendix R&D - Senior Golang Developer
- Pune, India
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization - from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO - to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we're reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It's no surprise that we're a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we're proud of what we've accomplished...and...we're humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
Mendix - a Siemens company
Mendix Private Cloud is a team consisting of goal oriented, innovative, flexible, quality driven team members, with a focus on building a platform which enables the customers to deploy and manage their Mendix applications on their private Kubernetes clusters. Be part of a new, fast growing team and have big and delighting impact on big companies.
Private Cloud team main focus is to deliver a product that enables companies and teams to adopt a flexible but predictable model to scale App deployments faster while ensuring high quality standards and controls are met. We will be closely working with the customers who want to adopt Private cloud for their Mendix Application deployments.
You'll help drive digital innovation by:
• being responsible for the consistent quality of all Private Cloud components, for all the project's lifecycle - development, testing and deployment - from ideation to production
• owning the guidelines and best practices and define the reusability strategy of components
• working closely with the Mendix Expert services to understand customer requirements and incorporate new Platform capabilities in the Private Cloud guidelines and best practices.
We're looking for you if you have:
• five years of Software Development experience or more
• three years of consistent experience with Golang or more
• experience building highly-scalable, highly-available, multi-region, and distributed systems and microservice architectures
• independently designed and developed frameworks, services or applications for 3+ years
• focus for quality over quantity - demonstrable through clean, crisp, maintainable code, with good abstractions, clean Git history, etc.
• strong focus on testing (well thought out unit and integration tests) and automation
• experience with Kubernetes - know the basic resources and what they are for: know kubectl and how to manage resources and use the golang APIs (bonus)
• DevOps mindset: you build it, you run it
• experience with CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins
• good knowledge of Unix/Linux fundamentals.
Even better (but not essential!) if you have experience with:
• Mendix's low code platform - this is a huge plus, but not a requirement
• Containerization technology and orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes/Docker & OpenShift
• Experience developing platform/service/applications on AWS or public cloud platforms
• IaC tools such as Terraform, Puppet, or Ansible
• TDD & BDD and know when and when not to use it.
And as person you are:
• approachable, open minded
• an effective communicator and you like to be part of a team
• with great attitude where you walk the extra mile if needed
• strive for mastery in anything you do or own
• a critical thinker
• creative and solution oriented.
Be part of a culture like no other at Mendix
A culture where we're focused on results - not "boxes" and "rules", in a relaxed environment with the coolest office in Pune, in Balewadi High Street.
Where people take ownership and enjoy as much freedom as possible. This means there's as little process as we can get away with, because we don't want to get in your way. We also strive to stay as flat as possible.
Where everyone is appreciated for their skills and ideas, regardless of background or mother tongue, the flexibility to take care of a family, or to have a crazy hobby
Monthly crafting days that allow you to explore side projects or try out cool new technologies and share our experiences with the rest of the organization.
We value the start-up culture that has brought us so much success. We are a tech company, not a project-oriented organization.
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our "MendixBlue" guiding principles. Being "MendixBlue" means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It's kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always...you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term...you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask "what if?" and work to find a way or make one...you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you're up for learning from your failures...you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don't last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win - regardless of who they come from...you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done...you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we're happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do...you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you'll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company's existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we're backed by the resources and stability of one of the world's largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That's why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top