- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization - from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO - to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we're reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It's no surprise that we're a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we're proud of what we've accomplished...and...we're humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
The Mendix AppFactory is a team of Mendix Makers, with a focus on building applications with our own Mendix platform. In other words: for Mendix with Mendix!
These applications vary in nature from improving business processes, facilitating R&D innovations, building industry solutions, cross-industry components and showcasing the power of Mendix at our events.
Not only is the Mendix AppFactory turning ideas into Mendix Apps, we are also a breeding ground for Mendix talent. We are on a mission to produce great Mendix apps and even better Mendix Makers!
As a Mendix Developer, you will be a part of this endeavor. Helping out people from within our company to realize their ideas into smoothly running and user-friendly applications, putting a smile on people's faces as you make their job easier to do! You will be in a unique position, that allows you to learn a lot about Mendix: how to create better apps, but also how different departments within the company operate, or help out building complete solutions with Mendix. You will also be instrumental in setting up new and testing existing guidelines and digital execution practices.
You're the Mendix Developer we need if you:
• Invest in people and know how to help them improve their skills, both on a technical and personal level.
• Are a team player, and have a positive attitude. Even when things go wrong.
• Inspire your team to experiment and take(calculated) risks, because you know this is how people grow. When things fail, don't look for someone to blame. Take responsibility and use your energy to fix the problem at hand and allow the team to learn from it. Of course, don't fix the same bug twice.
• Don't believe in'my way or the highway'. You know when to step aside and let the team decide their own course of action, giving them ownership.
• Have excellent communication skills, both talking and listening. You can explain complicated technical matters in a simple manner.
• Have a keen eye for detail, but you never lose sight of the bigger picture.
• Have a proven track record in delivering custom software solutions in enterprise environments, of which at least 1 year of Mendix development experience
• Have a good understanding of technologies like SQL, BPMN, MDD and possibly Java(you don't have to be a coder, but a general understanding is definitely a plus)
• Have advanced language skills in English.
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our "MendixBlue" guiding principles. Being "MendixBlue" means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It's kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first . Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always...you belong here.
We think big . We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term...you belong here.
We innovate . We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask "what if?" and work to find a way or make one...you belong here.
We nurture talent . We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you're up for learning from your failures...you belong here.
We hear every voice . Inflated egos don't last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win - regardless of who they come from...you belong here.
We own it . If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done...you belong here.
We have fun . We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we're happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do...you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you'll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company's existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we're backed by the resources and stability of one of the world's largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That's why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top