Managed Equipment Services Engineer
- Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Managed Equipment Service (MES) Engineer - Queens Hospital, Romford
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Come and join Siemens Healthineers as an Managed Equipment Services (MES) Engineer working in our on-site team at Queens Hospital in Romford. Reporting to the MES Manager, the role is responsible for delivering a range of engineering services to support the MES operations
Find out more about our Managed Equipment Services here .
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Investigate and diagnose faults on a wide range of Medical equipment ensuring the appropriate remedial action is implemented whilst taking account of patient safety, efficiency, cost, performance and response/fix times;
- Carry out repairs in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and within the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA's);
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM's) according to the agreed programme and PPM schedules;
- Carry out acceptance testing and commissioning of new, loan and trail equipment as per MHRA guidelines;
- Achievement of Customer Satisfaction targets;
- Maintain the Company's standards of Compliance, Quality and Health & Safety as they relate to the MES operations;
- Other duties that are appropriate to the role as and when required to meet the operational needs of the Company.
- Communication with the immediate MES team, other Siemens Healthineers staff at all levels at various locations, and external stakeholders including suppliers, clinicians and management from the hospital and consortium.
Your qualification and experience:
- The successful candidate will hold Electronics, Medical or Engineering Degree or HNC (or equivalent qualification or experience).
- Proven post qualification work experience gained within a Managed Equipment Services (MES) / EBME workshop within a hospital environment.
- Experience of troubleshooting and repairing Electro medical equipment.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Sound knowledge of engineering principles and how they are applied in practice.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages and service management software.
- In addition, you will have a good understanding of working to service level agreements and customer satisfaction targets.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done - because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website .
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That's why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top