Lead System Engineer
- Miami, FL
Siemens Mobility is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least 10 years in ITS solutions and infrastructure projects exceeding $10M in budget preferably in the State of Florida.
The successful candidate will lead an engineering team during project implementation phase and towards meeting requirements and customer satisfaction. This role requires the ability to apply professional engineering best practices from the ITS industry, communication skills, as well as a strong background systems engineering.
The role requires a proven track record of solid technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the ITS industry.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related STEM discipline, Master's degree preferred
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) qualification
- 10+ years of demonstrable experience and results developing ITS solutions
- Experience in the domain of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive, transit signal priority, and V2I solutions solution
- Proven ability leading customer-facing projects and execute successfully within time and budget
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define new approaches to issues
- Excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration with engineers, operators and testers
- • Provide tailored ITS system solutions for projects in line with customer, industry and internal requirements
- • Functionally lead a team of 4 to the traffic and system engineers to deliver project specific technical system design and engineering, scope definitions and documentation, as well as operational support to exceed customer expectations
- • Contribute to and lead the activities related to intersection retiming, traffic responsive and adaptive engineering
- • Perform own and third party intersection design and engineering reviews
- • Coordinate and work with different internal departments and experts (Sales, Project Management, R&D, Product Management, Procurement, Legal and Field Operations) and external partners to successfully deliver the project
- • Actively deploy ITS solutions including controller and central software, adaptive control solutions and connected vehicle (V2I) applications with the project team
- • Ensure all technical phases from design to testing and handover of the overall project solution, including its related services are planned and completed in line with the internal and external requirements
- • Prepare presentations and arrange meetings with the client in order to explain the various parameters, provide technical clarifications and ultimately convince stakeholders for best fit-for-purpose solutions
- • Understand and manage regulating authorities, code requirements, and other industry-specific elements
- • Contribute to ensure a successful requirement management/engineering, configuration, and technical change management process both internally and externally towards customer, partners and suppliers
- • Ensure proper preparation and handling of engineering documentation, i.e. drawings, version history, scope documents
- • Proactively identify and manage risks and opportunities
- • Identify the need for change and in coordination with the respective experts perform assessments of impact on time schedule and budget
- • Actively perform risk/opportunities management activities
- • Report on the progress of the activities (technical functions, approval, customer acceptance)
- • Act as a key expert and consultant to improve concepts, methods, and processes
- • Lead by example and excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top