Lead HPC Software Engineer MR/PET Image Reconstruction
- Knoxville, TN
Now's our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team new product development team at Siemens Healthineers Molecular Imaging as a Lead Software Engineer. Design, develop, and optimize cutting edge medical imaging software for MR/PET scanners that will help millions with diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
All stages of the software development life cycle -
- Concept development
- Task breakdown and estimation
- Code generation
- Unit and integration testing
- Software Design Documentation
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Understanding of SDLC
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- Experience in driving software development from concept to production
- Experience in software architecture development using C++
- Experience in data correction and image reconstruction in PET, CT or MRI
- Background in mathematics and physics is highly desired
- Experience in numerical algorithms and optimization
- Ability to work successfully with local and international teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server- CI
- Agile/SAFe experience
- Parallel Programming
- Experience in high-performance computing and associated tools (e.g. MPI, VTune)
- Experience in developing medical software in FDA regulated environment
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top