Junior Software Development Engineer
- Prague, Czech Republic
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Since Polarion's inception in 2004, our mission has been to help companies advance the development, governance and maintenance of software via a unified solution for Requirements, Quality, and Application Lifecycle Management.
Polarion Software was acquired by Siemens PLM Software in January 2016, expanding their support for the growing ALM market. Working with innovative partners, we've expanded our mission to help customers unlock synergies across all of their development teams. Integrating Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Product Line Engineering (PLE) with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) processes allows us to bridge the gap between mechanical, hardware, electronic and software development, delivering unprecedented efficiencies.
Siemens Industry Software, a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries Division, is a leading global provider of software, systems and services for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM). With our range of high-performance industrial software, we help manufacturing companies increase the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and bring new products to market faster.
Currently we are looking for a Junior Software Development Engineer to join our team in Prague
- Develop new, high-quality features on time.
- Work closely with our test team on the design and architecture of new features.
- Produce high-quality code and Test-driven development (TDD) tests.
- Debug and analyse code deficiencies.
- Contribute to planning and assessment meetings.
- Collaborate with your product owner (PO), product manager (PM) and scrum master.
- 0-2 years of experience in the industry.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment.
- Good knowledge of Java (SE).
- Good knowledge of HTML/JS (web development).
- Unit testing (JUnit).
- Knowledge of Eclipse.
- Proficient usage of English.
Advantage (nice to have):
- Computer Science Degree or similar.
- Work experience with some of the following technologies: Java 11, Eclipse RCP, Google Web Toolkit, React JS, Tomcat, Spring boot, PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases, Gitlab CI, or Docker
- Work experience in an Agile environment (Scrum, XP, Kanban)
- Stable international company (working with people around the world)
- English speaking environment
- Be part of an Agile team
- Core product development with over 1 million end users
- Flexible working environment (flexi time, working from home)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top