IT Project Manger - CSM/Agile
- Maryland Heights, MO
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization - from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO - to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we're reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It's no surprise that we're a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we're proud of what we've accomplished...and...we're humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
The role of the Project Manager is essential in ensuring successful project planning and execution at MENDIX customers. Experience in managing software development projects in large enterprise environments is required for this position.
This person will serve as a liaison between MENDIX and the customer by planning, directing and coordinating the designated project to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within an established time frame and budget parameters. The ideal candidate is an experienced cross-functional team leader. The right candidate will be capable of performing all administrative duties with subcontractors and project owners, including internal MENDIX departments (sales, product development, operations, finance etc.).
Scheduling and coordinating various activities is required. Communication is a key part of this role; the PM serves as the primary point of contact and central hub for communication for all technical and commercial opportunities and challenges related to project activities for both MENDIX's personnel as well as the client. Customer sales and services is also a part of the position and requires the ability to develop new business opportunities in refineries, terminals, and other large industrial accounts; service existing accounts, and act as a customer service representative to these accounts.
You'll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities associate with a given project. This can include specification review, budget/ proposal and engagement development to include time frame, procedures to accomplish the project, staffing requirements and allotted available resources for each phase of the project
- Reviews and understand project scope and customer requirements; communicate requirements to the Mendix team responsible for the success of the project.
- Networks and build relationships - this position is the ambassador and central communication hub between our customers and Mendix
- Participate in business development activities with respect to all customer requirements, scope of work and timelines
- Estimate work and prepare proposals per information garnered from the proposal documents and submit proposals for review and approval to with regard to schedules, performance, and potential scope issues that may arise
- Maintain the project within Mendix's project cost control software with regards to revisions to the scope
- Responsible for ensuring project invoicing is completed in a timely fashion to ensure that invoices are correct and minimize delayed payment
- Identify any and all scope of work changes as they occur and communicate this information to the Superintendent(s), Foreman, and Customer as required
- Participate in negotiations the cost (if any) of the change order with the Client, documenting the change and capturing the appropriate cost and revenue differentials within the Company project cost control program(s)
- Coordinate and maintain constant communication between all team members
- Perform project-related accounting functions within Mendix's accounting software and report profit/loss
- Execution project close out procedure upon completion of the work, and delivery of job close out packages and reports to the customer in a timely fashion
You're the innovator we need if you have:
- PMP Certification
- CSM Certification - live and breathe agile
- 4+ project mangement experience
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our "MendixBlue" guiding principles. Being "MendixBlue" means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It's kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first . Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always...you belong here.
We think big . We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term...you belong here.
We innovate . We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask "what if?" and work to find a way or make one...you belong here.
We nurture talent . We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you're up for learning from your failures...you belong here.
We hear every voice . Inflated egos don't last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win - regardless of who they come from...you belong here.
We own it . If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done...you belong here.
We have fun . We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we're happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do...you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you'll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company's existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we're backed by the resources and stability of one of the world's largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That's why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top