IT Operations Specialist (m/f/d)
- Lisbon, Portugal
Looking for a chance to create a positive impact on our society?
This opportunity provides flexibility in location either in Lisbon (Portugal) or Madrid (Spain). Your preferred location will be asked during your application
As a IT Operations Specialist you will:
- Be part of a team that operates distributed Linux-based application servers in a high-security environment. This includes general system administration tasks, patching, hardening, monitoring, automation etc.
- Be responsible for documentation, optimization and automation of an existing server and application landscape, mainly based on virtual machines and Docker containers
- Support application owners, operate firewall and virtualization platform
- Solid and proven knowledge in Open Source Linux administration
- Solid and proven infrastructure operations knowledge e.g. Linux, networking, virtualization, container technology (pref. Docker), automation tools (pref. Puppet)
- Experience in cybersecurity and/or security operations would be preferable
- Experience with Kerberos, LDAP, FreeIPA, checkMK would be helpful
- Development skills in scripting or high-level programming languages (e.g. Python, Bash)
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
- University degree or comparable knowledge in computer science, IT security or related fields
- Proficient in written and spoken English (including security terminology) combined with good interpersonal skills and attention to details.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and multifaceted environment.
Whether in the field of Industry, Smart Infrastructure or Energy: Digitalization is simplifying many facets of life. Therefore, we need to handle the associated risks caused through Cyber-criminals.
"Making an impact that matters", that's the motto we live by. We at Siemens are continuously pushing the boundaries of sectors such as the Internet of Things (IoT), big data analytics, artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud technologies. However, with such digital innovations come unexpected security challenges and vulnerabilities, thus growing the risk of cyberattacks.
We're looking for forward-thinking, results-oriented game-changers like you to join our team of specialists. Together let's build ground breaking security solutions and infrastructures that protect our data and the digital assets of our customers. Help us seek tomorrow's challenges today!
Join us! Together we can make our digital world more secure.
We've got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Do you want to know more about Cybersecurity at Siemens? www.siemens.com/cybersecurity
Curious about our Cybersecurity hubs? The Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub has more than 1000 digital minds including the Cybersecurity team, making it one of the largest in Europe - check it out
#cybersecurity #CTCYS #ITSEC #DigitalMinds #ITMakesUsMove #LxTechHub [DEF-EU2-3]
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top