IT Architect - IT Infrastructure
- Bengaluru, India
Can you help us craft the future? We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our IT team and build the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
As an Infrastructure Architect you will develop an ongoing maintenance / support and provide technical expertise and architectural solutions in infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas. Join our team to create an impact!
Change the future with us
• You will be responsible for complete architectural design, systems analysis, security, data center operation, network & voice communication or review design documents provided by others.
• As a specialist you will guide the teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions and advises teams of IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes.
• Drives short- & long-term architecture strategy for the overall IT project portfolio for key business segments and participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
• Communicates and validates program architecture with infrastructure team, project management team and technology services management team.
• Conducts end-to-end technical plan design and develops long-term strategy for historical data retention and archival plan for storage needs.
• Defines data retention, backup, and recovery methods and plans and Develops enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms.
• Design and develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions.
• Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
• Develops specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems.
• Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations.
• Provide third level support for incidents and problems in designated areas of expertise.
• Communicate and collaborate with local IT staff as well as colleagues in other parts of the world for configuration, troubleshooting
What you need to make real what matters.
• You have a Bachelor's/Master's degree in Engineering with 10+ years' experience in a production IT environment managing enterprise IT infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas.
• Must have a detailed knowledge of the Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software, Linux and Unix is a plus.
• Strong solid grasp of VMware or other virtual software
• Deep understanding of TCP, IP and other network protocols. Familiarity with DNS, DHCP, other network services
• Knowledge of disc storage Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications in Windows 2008 or Windows2012, Cisco network and voice gears and technologies, CCNA(P)is a must, CCIE is helpful.
• Knowledge of leading a data center in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning!
• Experienced Knowledge on usage of various Microsoft tools, especially Visio and developing automation scripts and APIs
• Collaborate with people in different time zones and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore, where you'll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries - and the shape of things to come.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow 's reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top