Siemens IP department located in Bangalore has around 11 IPProfessionals with experience in IP Strategy, Creation and Management. The IPteam of Siemens works closely with local R&D department and businesses tostrategically create inventions, harvest inventions early, protect valuableinventions in different jurisdictions, prosecute patent applications and manageIP portfolio. Over the years, the IP professional Group has developed expertisein drafting patent applications meeting globally acceptable quality standard incutting edge technology focus areas including digital twin, artificialintelligence, cloud computing, blockchain, additive manufacturing, and so on.The IP Professional group is responsible for prosecuting their own patentapplications in different jurisdictions including WO, US, EP, CN, IN, etc. andare responsible for managing its own portfolio. The IP professional group isalso involved in providing strategic inputs to the local R&D departmentsand proactively harvest inventions through continuous engagement with R&Dgroups and business units of Siemens Entities India. The IP Professional groupis engaged in assessing third party IP risk for our products prior to releaseinto the market and protecting our inventions from infringement by thirdparties through exploitation of IPRs. The IP Professional group also activelyinteracts with colleagues in other IP departments worldwide across theresponsible R&D groups and business units for creation and management ofour IPRs.
We don't need superheroes, justsuper minds
- Siemens is looking for an IP Professional with3 to 5 years' experience in drafting and prosecution patent applications acrossdifferent jurisdictions US, EP, CN, IN, etc.
- Should have a bachelor/master's degree from arecognized university in Electronics and Communication, Computer Science,Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Must have experience in drafting andprosecuting patent applications for computer related inventions (softwareinventions), specifically in upcoming technology areas such as ArtificialIntelligence, Blockchain, Simulation, Cloud Computing, Additive Manufacturing,and so on.
- Should have experience working in a law firm orinhouse IP department and shall have knowledge of patent practice andprocedures in US, EP and IN.
- Interest in developing skills of a good patentattorney.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- A degree in law and a patent agent registrationbefore the India Patent Office would be a plus.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time