Installation Operative - Intelligent Traffic Systems
- Castleford, United Kingdom
Do you want to help transform the way people travel? At Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems our aim is to improve the quality of life and shape the mobility world for the next generation.
Join us as an Installation Operative in Normanton, Yorkshire. You will undertake all new installation work and modification work to existing highways infrastructure including electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities.
With Normanton as your base, you will also cover areas across the North East of England such as Newcastle, Sheffield, Hull, Bridlington.
We are looking for someone with electrical aptitude and an understanding of importance of health and safety at work. Traffic industry background isn't essential as we will provide you with sector training accreditation.
You will have with good attention to detail, reliable with a can-do attitude and have the ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis
At Siemens, we are passionate about learning and development. Join us and we will provide you with opportunities to grow and progress within your role from Installation Operative through to Engineer and Maintenance Engineer level roles.
What are your responsibilities
- Install traffic signals, including the installation and wiring of controllers, ancillary equipment and highways systems
- Complete electrical tests and pre-commissioning activities
- Liaise with customers and other contractors on site
- Follow site specifications for quality and accuracy
- Routine maintenance of highways infrastructure
- Be available for out of hours working to support service and installation contract requirements
- Complete mandatory NHSS (National Highways Sector Scheme) training requirements
- Be aware of safety at work and be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimizing them wherever possible by following all Health and Safety Procedures
- Someone with basic electrical knowledge or equivalent experience in electrical engineering (desirable)
- Someone with experience in installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment
- Someone who is co-operative, helpful and willing to use their own initiative
- Someone who is flexible and willing to change and adapt, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily
- Someone with good attention to detail, reliable with a can-do attitude and has the ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis
- Someone who can work on their own or as part of a team, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team
- Willingness to work outside and work at heights
- Experience of working on traffic signal equipment
Some night working is required and sometimes there may be a need for you to work away from home for a few nights or up to a week depending on the requirements for the business. In this instance, expenses will be covered by the company.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
Great minds think differently
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top