Head of Governance & Business Development
- Poole, United Kingdom
Together we are driving Mobility forward. We electrify, automate and digitalize. Join us and help us make real what matters.
Siemens Mobility comprises Siemens train technology and rail automation activities. These products and services are addressing the growth field of Smart Mobility with intelligent and integrated solutions. Portfolio elements are rolling stock and related services, rail electrification, infrastructure logistics as well as intelligent traffic and transportation systems.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Governance and Business Development to join our Siemens Mobility Education and Skills Training function. Reporting to the Head of Education and Skills, you will be responsible for leading on Governance within Education and skills, providing the link between the Siemens Mobility Professional Education function and the Education & Skills function, ensuring the internal quality assurance for Siemens Mobility and third party apprentices on relevant frameworks and standards. Providing advice and guidance to the Entrly Level Talent team (ELT), Training Competence, Verification and Assessment team (CAV) and Business Development and Training teams in the delivery of apprenticeships and to quality assure the delivery processes and learning outcomes. Liaise and support Professional Education with Education & Skills needs and requirements with e.g. Ofsted, Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) / Register of Apprenticeship Providers (RoATP) Awarding Bodies.
The responsibility from a Business Development perspective is to lead the existing function at a strategic level, developing the Go-to market strategy across Mobility, developing sales and marketing collateral and identifying and developing strategic partnerships to create and deliver value propositions from identification of opportunity through to delivery.
What are your responsibilities
- Develop and own internal Quality Management System (QMS), processes and compliance and apply appropriate corrective actions when required
- Lead on E&S compliance with Ofsted Education Inspection Framework and ESFA funding rules
- Work with Professional Education to ensure Siemens Mobility registration with Awarding Bodies is maintained, including with EAL, Pearson and as a LANTRA accredited NVQ centre
- Ensure Siemens Mobility registration as a Highway Electrical Association accredited PPA centre is maintained and meets audit and business requirements
- Provide Quality assurance and compliance for sub-contractors, external providers and external customers
- Process and maintain business accreditation with NSAR for training and assessment purposes
- Governance of Internal & External Verification for Training, Competence Management and Learning, monthly ILR submissions process within Education & Skills, liaise with ELT & Professional Education
- Governance in the development of new standards, EPAO liaison, performance metrics and preparation of monthly data for SLT & Professional Education reviews, learner registration and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Governance of certification claims within Education & Skills (to include on-boarding) and competence claims management
- Manage a team to develop and deliver credible Go-to-market strategy and sales plans to deliver new business element of NTAR channel to market Business Plan
- Manage the process from prospect to contract, executing opportunities to meet business plan targets
- Work with Business Partners, Heads of Training, training partners to identify and develop new offerings
- Identify new customers and set up client management process for key customers
- Lead in the development of sales collateral, including website and catalogues
- Establish and own the strategic relationship with key delivery partners, and develop and own joint go to market strategies with key partner organisations
- Be seen as a thought leader and trusted advisor in the industry by partners and customers and demonstrate industry and political context to advise customers on new and innovative training and learning solutions
- Governance of end-to-end apprenticeship budgets and funding streams
- Develop with Head of Education & Skills the 5 year plan for the NTAR channel to market and deliver targets for total contribution and total contract value per the NTAR channel to market business plan.
What do you need to qualify for this job
- Very good understanding of funding systems, awarding body requirements, learner management systems and assessment and verification processes (essential)
- Degree level qualified with additional experience in a vocational learning discipline
- Knowledge of ESFA funding rules, digital account management and ILR data and funding submissions (essential)
- Track record of successful audits (RISQS, LRQA ETC) (essential)
- Excellent knowledge of vocational Engineering frameworks & Standards
- Excellent knowledge of education inspection framework requirements for young learners
- Excellent communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Aptitude to IT systems
- Able to work on own initiative as part of a virtual team
We're Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top