Head (f/m/d) of Software R&D - Future Grid
- Erlangen, Germany
Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. And support NASA in their explorations of outer space. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We'll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
The Head of SW R&D Future Grid is overall responsible for all R&D SW activities concerning resources, schedules, functions, quality and budget and reports to the Head of R&D FG:
- As Head of SW R&D you set the strategic goals and vision for the R&D organization from Advanta in India. You coach the R&D managers at Advanta to increase skills, personal development, competencies and building up know how in accordance to current and future requirements.
- You manage the alignment between R&D and PLM as well as the collaboration between the locations where the SW is used.
- You are responsible for the planning and steering of SW headcounts and core competences in accordance to developed strategy.
- You ensure high innovation culture by initiating patent workshops, driving product profiles and supporting platform approaches
- You improve the productivity within the development by driving processes, implementing measures and relevant tools.
- Furthermore, you define the strategy for R&D and overall R&D related processes, coordinate these with related managers in HQ and drive an agile SAFe understanding outside R&D as well as support an agile setup internally in R&D.
What you need to make real what matters.
- We look forward to meeting you, if you hold a successfully completed master's degree in a technical field of study.
- You have longterm experience in development of Software, ideally with Cloudtechnology or Softwareapplications.
- You have profound experience in the Project Management of mid-sized projects within an agile environment.
- Additionally, you have longterm experience in people management and coaching and as well as intercultural experience with teamwork in cross different countries in a leading position
- You have advanced know how with Agile, SAFe, Scrum, Dev Ops and PLM process
- Knowledges of the Future Grid portfolio as well as an understanding of DC chargers for E-Mobility would be an advantage
- As you act in an international environment you bring in fluent English language skills. German is nice to have
- Last but not least, you are result and quality oriented, are customer focused and have communication skills
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
FAQ - if you need further information on the application process.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities .
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top