Head (f/m/d) of R&D Future Grid - Delegation USA (Atlanta)
- Erlangen, Germany
Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. And support NASA in their explorations of outer space. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We'll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
The Head of RD Future Grid is overall responsible for all R&D activities concerning resources, schedules, functions, quality and budget and reports functionally to the Head of R&D Future Grid:
- As Head of R&D Future Grid you will coach R&D employees to increase skills, personal development, competencies and building up know how in accordance to current and future requirements.
- Moreover, you plan and steer the R&D headcount and core competence in accordance to developed strategies.
- You ensure a high innovation culture by initiating patent workshops, driving technology roadmaps and product profiles as well as supporting platform approaches.
- You improve productivity within the development by driving processes implementing measures and relevant tools.
- Further, you define strategies for R&D and overall R&D related processes, coordinate with related managers in HQ as well as define participation and support audits and process improvement projects.
- You establish know how of future product requirements in the area of the DC and AC Charger market, support the PLM define phase and measure/improve the overall performance of
- You plan and control overall R&D cost center budget as well as R&D resources, coordinate with related persons in HQ and define strategies for the required headcount, competencies and budget.
What you need to make real what matters.
- We look forward to meeting you, if you hold a successfully completed master's degree in a technical field of study.
- You have longterm experience in the development of power electronics, controls and PLCs including Hardware and Software
- You have profound experience in the Project Management of mid-sized projects within an agile environment and PLM Processes
- Additionally, you have longterm experience in people management and coaching and as well as intercultural experience with teamwork in cross different countries in a leading position
- Knowledges of the Future Grid portfolio as well as an understanding of DC chargers for E-Mobility would be an advantage
- As you act in an international environment you bring in fluent English language skills and good German skills
- Last but not least, you are result and quality oriented, are customer focused and have communication skills
www.siemens.de/karriere/faq - if you need information on the application process.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top