GSI Alliances Manager
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization - from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO - to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we're reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It's no surprise that we're a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we're proud of what we've accomplished...and...we're humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and extend our market leadership and we're looking to grow our Global Strategic alliances team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
The ideal Strategic Alliance Manager candidate has a strong background in sales, business development, management consulting, or partnership management. They must also be technically inclined and naturally curious to learn about Mendix's portfolio.
The ideal candidate also understands deal structure and deal flow. They have worked in, understand and can operate in a Matrix Organization. "Influencing without authority" is key, they must be able to align cross-functional resources within Mendix/Siemens as well as manage the same within the Strategic Alliance Partner they support. They must also be comfortable working with senior executives both inside and outside their organization.
This role will require a mixture of sales, strategy, relationship building & enablement, and driving executive alignment. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Alliances, the Strategic Alliance Manager will help navigate and network through their assigned Strategic Partner and significantly contribute to the execution of joint GTM plans to drive incremental revenue for Mendix. They will also be closely involved with supporting their partner in sales cycles. This is a high visibility global role with the potential for massive impact in a hyper-growth tech startup.
- Support the global alliance director in building and executing strategic partnerships with the world's largest global systems integrators (GSIs) such as Accenture, Capgemini, Deloitte, TCS, Wipro
- Achieve partnership goals, including an assigned sales quota of revenue co-sold with GSI firms. Track and regularly report out on goal attainment
- Build trusted, effective working relationships with GSI stakeholders and executives. Regularly deliver presentations on Mendix's overview, value proposition, and go-to-market plays to GSI leaders
- Identify, recruit, and onboard new groups and teams within existing GSI partners through a blend of outbound and inbound outreach
- Proactively lead, hand-in-hand with assigned Mendix account executives, sales cycles where we are co-selling with a GSI. Track sales stages and pursuits in Salesforce.com
- Collaborate with Mendix cross functional teams to deliver exceptional partner experience to GSIs
- Collaborate with partner marketing lead to develop necessary marketing content for internal communications within GSI firms - e.g., educational marketing content to increase awareness of Mendix - and external communications in the market - e.g., joint webinars, press releases
- Collaborate with solution engineering lead to assist partners in training their technical teams, developing demo solutions, and building proofs of concept leveraging the Mendix platform
- Collaborate with additional cross functional teams as needed such as sales operations, academy/training team, customer evangelist team, etc.
- Collaborate with Siemens alliance counterparts and sales executives to support GSI partner activity and sales cycles in the manufacturing sector
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in sales, business development, management consulting, or partnership management preferably for a SaaS technology company
- Exceptional professional presence, with experience and comfort delivering presentations to and building relationships with C-level executives
- Willing to travel as needed-10-20% travel
- Ability to navigate large organizations and build champions, externally within GSI partner firms and internally across Mendix/Siemens
- Strong attention to detail with a 'zero defect' mentality. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Competitive sales and business development mentality; eagerness to reach sales quota targets and achieve partner objectives
- Demonstrated technical aptitude with passion to learn about Mendix technology and low code development market
- Proficiency in PowerPoint for presentation development and in Excel for basic reporting and analysis
- Familiarity with sales tools such as Salesforce.com, SalesLoft, a bonus
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our "MendixBlue" guiding principles. Being "MendixBlue" means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It's kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always...you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term...you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask "what if?" and work to find a way or make one...you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you're up for learning from your failures...you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don't last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win - regardless of who they come from...you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done...you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we're happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do...you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you'll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company's existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we're backed by the resources and stability of one of the world's largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That's why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top