The Transmission systems need to live up to new challenges in the wake of decarbonization, decentralization, and digitalization. High-voltage direct current (HVDC) technology offers the most efficient means of transmitting large amount of power over long distances, help connect green power to the grid, and stabilize three-phase-grids. Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS) are the perfect solution for increasing the reliability of AC grids, improving power quality, and boosting transmission efficiency.
We are tasked with the design and development of tools and utilities as part of a heterogeneous application engineering ecosystem for the HVDC and FACTS domain. The department is heavily invested in the area of software platform architecture, development and digitalization to empower our engineering teams to deliver customer projects as fast and reliable as possible.
Energy Transmission Solutions - What do we offer?
- You will be part of a highly professional team, working with future driven technologies on innovative software products.
- Close collaboration between colleagues, also remotely through video calls and dashboard tools.
- Besides an agile, vibrant working environment and many more benefits, you will have a chance to grow with the product
- You will part of a team designing and implementing a cloud-based Operator Training Simulator and Test Environment for the Control and Protection Digital Twin
- Analyze requirements, architect, design and develop Java cloud-based backend and web-frontend, using state of the art technologies
- Integrate cloud services in existing tool landscape
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Become part of an internationally distributed team of developers and engineers
- Bachelor's (or higher) Degree in Computer Science
- You have more than three years with real world programming experience
- You are highly experienced in Java and according development frameworks
- At least one year experience with AWS foundational cloud services for storage, computation, event processing, messaging, data processing, and analytics
- You bring excellent analytical skills, initiative and problem-solving attitude along
- You have experience of working in an agile team and excellent communication skills
- You are fluent in English
We're Siemens, a collection of great minds who are all making the future. You could be one of us!
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that owns innovative solutions in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Software and R&D play a crucial role at Siemens. The division in Brasov, Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest is the competence center for research, software development, IT and engineering, which makes the company a major leader in vertical IT technologies.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time