Full Stack Cloud Software Developer - Smart Buildings
- Chicago, IL
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World's Most Admired Companies 2020 Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure: Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they strive to understand what drives our customers. What is their environment or user story based on? Implementation means - trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange - discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
As a Software Developer at Siemens Smart Infrastructure, you will collaborate across interdisciplinary teams to improve and develop software products for the commercial HVAC market. Working within our Cloud development team, you will have the opportunity to apply Cloud and Web technologies in our products to enable smart buildings.
- Design software applications for building automation components and sub-systems based on mentorship from senior peers.
- Complete the development of software test requirements (unit and integration); Deploys selected software testing methods in standard environments and reports results
- Write user documentation for internal process and external customer support.
- Partner with Product Management to understand Features and market requirements to better implement product designs.
- Apply current software practices for product design and model documentation.
- Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
- Applies Siemens development processes.
- Committed and ambitious to learn; keen to develop skills to stay ahead of technology trends.
- Pinpoints the actual cause of problems and actively searches for novel approaches
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent.
- 1-5 years of current practical experience in software development, documentation and test-focused design.
- Coding expertise in C#/.NET, C++, Java/J2EE, or Go with a "code it right the first time" attitude!
- Technical capability in one or more of the following: AWS Landscape, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, Micro-Service Architecture / Solution and Production Experience.
- Keen to deliver quality services in every aspect.
- Excellent Communication.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top