Siemens Smart Infrastructure are recruiting a Commissioning Engineer with experience in the fire industry to help us find solutions to make the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Based within the South East the successful candidate will be in a commissioning and project execution role with the responsibility for helping deliver Life Safety Systems. The role will require a flexible working attitude where working live buildings Late/ Night Shifts are common, some weekends also required, this flexibility is well compensated with excellent OTE.
You will successfully deliver complex integrated life safety systems with our end-customers from various domains & disciplines. You will provide pre-sales support to our sales and service teams, and support the project manager and commercial team to deliver projects on target and within scope. To meet our fantastic standards, being based within the M25 is a must.
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Commissioning and demonstrating of Medium - Large Integrated Life Safety Systems including Fire Alarm, PAVA, Graphics PC's, EVC and Disabled Toilet Alarms.
- Completion of clear & accurate work reports and commissioning certificates.
- Provide a high level of customer service to clients and maintain the highest standards of quality.
- On site/remote management of project delivery through site meetings and co-ordination with internal & external stakeholders
- Comply with all Health & Safety requirements.
- Respond to all communications within an appropriate time.
- Sound problem solving skills and analytical thinking. Ability to travel and attend client meetings when required.
Experience, knowledge and skills required:
- Significant experience working in the Fire industry
- Experience in the delivery of larger complex fire & life safety systems on new/existing sites
- Good working knowledge of a variety of manufacturer's equipment, products and systems
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Highly motivated, self-starter with good people management skills
- Time management skills
- A full clean driver's license
- A good knowledge of networking and IT skills
Other skills / knowledge which would be advantageous:
- Experience with Siemens Fire & Security Systems
- Fire & Security regulations (BS5839-1)
- Experience of working in a construction environment
- MS Office experience (Excel/Word etc.)
- Working knowledge of PC's & IP networking would be advantageous (training provided)
Furthermore, we offer:
- Company vehicle
- Competitive Salary and Pension scheme
- My Choice Flexible benefits package
- Paid Travel (over 1 hour in each direction)
- Product Training
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruiter
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time