- Minnetonka, MN
Siemens Digital Grid - Ahead of the Challenge - Ahead of the Change!
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come expand your career in one of the best companies world-wide!
Performs financial and operational analysis to support business growth.
Position Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
- Provides key insights from business operations to Segment Controller and business leads to achieve business results;
- Coordinates month end closing activities for assigned Digital Grid Software & Consulting segment together with the Segment Controller and the Digital Grid accounting team, to ensure data accuracy and high quality of monthly financial reports;
- Responsible for financial analysis: timely delivery of reporting packages with high quality, provides comments and alerts, including performing cost analysis against budgets and /or forecasts and preparation of variance analysis reports to allow for corrective action where necessary;
- Review of balance sheet & income statement with its corresponding reconciliations;
- Ensures compliance with Siemens FRGs, IFRS and US GAAP in relation to accounting & financial reporting;
- Leads the monthly Project Review and Action Meetings through Project Server on Demand and Tableau, including working together with line managers to ensure accuracy of financial information;
- Supports Operational Excellence topics, including sales pipeline management together with sales executives and review and analysis of Tableau operational data;
- Supports the preparation of internal management reports, including presentation, performance reviews, and other ad hoc reports, in the various formats (i.e. Power Point; Excel) as required;
- Supports Segment Controller for bid reviews;
- Provides financial advice to operating units/functional organizations on accounting issues and special transactions;
- Assists in special projects like M&A transactions & the successful integration of acquired business;
- Raises and consolidates forex hedging forms to SFS Currency Manager on monthly basis;
- Manages all Service Level Agreements for the Digital Grid Software & Consulting segment, including ensuring accurate monthly/ quarterly back charging of Service Level Agreement cost;
- Any other ad-hoc related projects.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting. MBA preferred.
- Typically 8-10 years experience in the finance / accounting area, MNC experience is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, esp. Excel, Word & Power Point. Working knowledge of Think Cell is a plus. Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Good ownership and excellent communication & interpersonal skills - strong collaboration approach.
- Solid accounting skills with ability to demonstrate an understanding & interpretation of key financial documents.
- Forward-thinking with the ability to analyze company data to influence business decisions to support the business performance.
- Self-disciplined with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with flexible & proactive approach to work.
- Willingness to learn & develop.
- Travel is required with this role.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers' experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top