Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. "Unsolvable" is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers' needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada's Top 100 Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers 2018, Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
The Electrical Services (ES) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of todays and tomorrow's power grid!
What will you do?
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Field Service Engineer for our Electrical Services (ES) Business Unit, focused on the Electrical Services business. This position is responsible for installation, initial testing, operation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and modification of customer equipment and systems including MV switchgear, MV circuit breakers, SF6 Gas circuit breakers, MV Soft Starters, transformers, surge protection devices, and metering, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance and systems of a standard nature.
- Perform on-site technical and operational support in the design, development, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment and systems of a standard nature.
- Critical thinking and detailed systems analysis / evaluation techniques to assess and diagnose information.
- Leadership - Identify solutions and provide guidance to field service staff or other specialists; coaching, mentoring etc.
- Initiate improvements by coordinating and working across internal Business units, third party vendors, contractors where appropriate, if and or when required.
- Support conducting site surveys to review proposed scopes of work, develop base or installation design/ installation plans and proposals.
- Provide customer operational and functional training on new and or existing Siemens' equipment installed base.
- Preparation and submittal of Field Service Reports covering completed site activity and expense reports.
- Comply with OSHA safety practices (as well as other appropriate certifications and standards required for specialized sites and installations - i.e., MSHA) and perform duties within specified guidelines to ensure safety of personnel, equipment etc.
- Available for short notice emergency call outs and long-term project-oriented assignments.
Location: This role can be based out the Oakville ON, Ottawa ON, or Montreal QC office
What will you need to succeed?
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge in the Field Service Engineer space
- Demonstrated fundamental knowledge of professional principles and skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of power transmission and distribution systems required
- Experience with Switchgear, MV or LV Circuit breakers
- Knowledge and/or experience with SF6 Gas circuit breakers, metal clad/vacuum switchgear
- Knowledge and/or experience with breakers or LV equipment testing, including analyzing test results and providing well developed equipment condition assessments
- Experience in troubleshooting & repair of electrical control circuits
- Familiar with Arc Flash and Shock Hazards of Medium Voltage up to 25 KV
- Good organizational skills to plan work scope, personnel assignments, and equipment logistics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as good presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint; experience with project management software, a plus - i.e., Power DB
- Highly motivated individual contributor and a team player; must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
- Leadership skills / experience; ability to supervise, delegate, motivate, and coach staff
- Possesses ability to effectively read, understand and follow power system schematics and accurately identify electrical component symbology for installation and troubleshooting purposes
- Travel Required: 40-60% within Canada
- Note: Bilingual (English/French) communication skills, both written and verbal, required for Montreal office location
- Certifications and or credentials may be required in some areas due to customer site requirements
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada's passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.