Field Application Engineer
- Newbury, United Kingdom
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
We are currently looking to hire a dedicated Field Application Engineer to join our forward thinking team on a permanent basis!
This person can be based either in the UK or Europe as this is a field based role and you will be required to regularly travel to client sites.
This is a key customer facing technical role, working with sales teams to ensure customer success through deployment of Mentor technology. You would be encouraged to possess the drive and ability to lead multiple concurrent engagements as well as being comfortable with travel in Europe and USA.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Work with the World Trade Sales Organisation to drive pre and post-sales technical activities to sell and support the PowerPro platform
- Deliver technical presentations and demonstrations
- Lead evaluations and benchmarks to technical success
- Provide day-to-day remote and on-site support to existing customers to ensure their success
- Work collaboratively with the sales organisation and other AE team members to ensure mutual success
- Provide customer training
- Perform Beta testing and collaborate with R&D to assist and build the product direction
- BS EE/CS or MS EE/CS
- Previous experience in a commercial project - contract management/customer facing role.
- Validated hands-on ASIC RTL VHDL/Verilog/SystemVerilog and general logic design/implementation skills
- Familiarity with RTL digital logic design practice for verification and synthesis
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Experience with RTL power measurement and optimization tool and methodology is desirable
- Exposure to Sales and Application Engineering environment is a plus
- Will require up to 25% travel in Europe
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We offer a competitive basic salary and benefits package.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top